Since I know a lot of you have husbands, boyfriends, family, and friends in the military, I thought it might be fun to do a post on some of the packages I have sent to my pilot. Whether he’s gone for just a day or an entire year, I pretty much miss him like crazy. So cheesy, I know.
Care Package Details and Ideas
February box of LOVE
- Grab a box of kiddie valentines and write a sweet note on each one.
- Write notes and inside jokes on handfuls of red and pink paint chips.
- Love Grown Granola [they donated two boxes of love to P’s squadron! <3 them!]
- Warm Fuzzies [hello nostalgia!]
- Valentines Day Candy + other snacks
- Individual packets of hot sauce and other condiments
- Command Strips [these come in handy for gear and uniforms]
- Hand sanitizer and face wipes
Spring Easter Basket
- Coffee + Portable Coffee Mug
- Peanut Butter and Graham Crackers for snacking
- Annies Pizza Bunnies [pizza party in a box!]
- Assorted junk food [aka stuff hes not allowed to eat at home]
- Emergency Chocolate, duh!
- Easter Eggs filled with notes instead of candy. [some sweet + some funny!]
- T-Bell Hot Sauce Packets
- Stacks of Magazines
- I also added shredded pastel paper to make the entire thing look like an easter egg hunt 😉
Never underestimate the power of a million little notes + letters! Most of the time it’s the things that don’t cost a dime that mean the absolute most. Also, the likelihood of any of it coming back to the states is slim to none. Though I did send him his fancy Contigo coffee mug — Paul if you’re reading this you better bring that thing home!
When they’re ridiculously busy they tend to choose their beds over the cafeteria and miss meals, so don’t hesitate to send an emergency stash. I’ll never forget the day Paul told me he had nothing but a blueberry poptart to eat for pretty much the entire day. Now he gets food in every package.
Another ridiculously random thing I do is attack the magazines I send him with post-its and a sharpie. I’ll leave random notes on articles telling him what I thought of them or cracking jokes. I think there was one Men’s Health issue that I straight up COVERED in “That’s what she said!” post-its. It’s the little things in life…
Leave your care package tips + ideas in the comment section! <3
I can’t wait to hear about packages you’ve sent or received to/from loved ones!