I’m bonkers for these homemade key lime larabar balls. These lime spiked larabar copycats are quick and easy to make!
Take your snacking game to the next level and try these tasty energy bites today!
If you’ve read this recipe post then you know I’m a little bit inappropriate when it comes to food in ball form.
I would apologize… but most of you have dirty, dirty minds. So if you feel the need to make a few puns or toss a little “that’s what she said” my way, feel free.
This is a safe environment.
Where will be rolling fruit and nuts into balls.
Homemade Key Lime Larabar Balls
I LOVE all things key lime pie.
Which, for a dessert snob like me, is epic.
If you’re one of the lucky few that has ever come across a Key Lime Pie Larabar, then you know how absolutely delicious they are.
But the problem is… most of us wouldn’t be able to find one without doing a crazy health food store search within a 2 hour radius from our home.
In fact, I’ve done that crazy search and still couldn’t find one… So I got my butt in the kitchen and whipped up these homemade key lime Larabars.
In ball form because, duh.
Homemade Key Lime Larabar Balls
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 1-2 TBSP raw unsalted walnuts
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2-3 TBSP of sweetened shredded coconut
- Toss everything in your food processor and pulse.
- You might need to push the mixture off the sides of the processor and towards the blades once or twice. No biggie!
- Just pulse to your desired texture [I like them a little bit chunky] and roll into balls.
- Place your balls on a plate, cover with saran wrap and give them about 10-20 minutes in the fridge and they’re good to go!
- Wrap them in saran wrap and snack on the go, or simply devour the entire batch in the name of food science and experimentation. Guess which one I did 😉
- Store saran wrapped in your fridge for up to 3-4 day, though I haven’t been able to get them to last more than 12 hours.
- Enjoy cold or allow them to reach room temperature before snacking, whichever floats your boat! <3
Play with your food:
To make them even prettier, you can roll the balls in a little extra coconut or sprinkle it on top. Want a super intense lime taste? Add a teeny bit of lime zest to the mix! Don’t like lime? Go juice-less and add peanut butter + chocolate chips!
Give Your Balls a Twist!
Well that didn’t come out right!
Turn these into key lime granola balls by rolling fruit/nut balls in your favorite granola crumbs.
I used Love Grown’s cinnamon-laced Cranberry Pecan granola for a few of the balls and was absolutely enamored. So good!
I loved the extra crunch and the leftover, broken pieces of granola that always chill out at the bottom of the bag are perfect for this.
Do these homemade Larabars live up to the hype?
OH YES THEY DO!
These homemade Larabar balls tasted JUST LIKE the real thing!
Dare I say even better? YUP! They were better than the inspiration!
These key lime balls are zesty and tart with subtle sweetness from the coconut and dates and a nice hearty texture from the walnuts and almonds.
Plus they are a perfect portion! No more limiting yourself to 1/2 a bar and feeling jipped! I might have to whip up a batch weekly because my key-lime loving husband is quite fond of my balls.
There’s so much wrong with that statement.