Yes I’m sticking with that title. It’s a mouthful and after one bite you’ll want another. And another. And then you’ll walk away and pretend like you’re done but we KNOW you’re coming back for another bite.
At least that’s how I operate at parties. I try to play it cool, do the whole socialization thing, hug hands, shake babies, all that jazz, but I’m as transparent as a jellyfish. It’s allllll about the food. If I get cornered by a friend who doesn’t quite know the drill by now, Paul is usually quick to step up to the plate and grab me something to eat. I love that man. I’m also still continuing my love affair with cranberries, if you haven’t noticed by now.
This Pollack-esque interpretation of a cheese log is quick, easy, and is sure to put the “HO-ly cow this is good!” in your holiday spread.
- 1 large log of your favorite goat cheese
- ¼-1/2 cup cranberry sauce [recipe]
- ¼-1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 TBSP [or more!] dried or fresh parsley
- a sprinkle of cinnamon
- a drizzle or two of honey
- crackers, crostini, and veggies, for spreading and scooping!
- Remove goat cheese from wrapper and allow to soften to room temperature.
- Warm up your favorite cranberry sauce [hello great use for leftover sauce!] and spread it on a cheese tray or serving platter.
- Next chop your nuts and cranberries and mix together along with parsley.
- Roll your goat cheese in the mixture, pressing gently to coat.
- Set the festive goat cheese log atop the cranberry sauce and surround with all your favorite crackers, crostini, and veggies!
- Feel free to get a little trashy and sprinkle any leftover nuts all over the tray. Hello edible confetti!
- Ohmygosh and please please please take this baby over the top with a nice hearty drizzle of honey. It's divine.
Well that was easy!