Dipped and drizzled in chocolate, these Cranberry Bliss Baklava Bites are easy to make and even easier to devour! This pint-sized no-bake treat is perfect for the holidays!
Hi!!!!! My brain is already a wee bit fried from all the holiday prep and madness so I’m going to forego a fluffy description of this recipe in favor of a good old fashioned list. I LOVE lists.
8 reasons why this recipe rocks:
- No oven is needed! These baklava bites are no-bake.
- Dark chocolate!!!
- They’re quick and easy to whip up for a crowd – small or large!
- White chocolate!!!
- You can make them in advance for easy entertaining.
- They’re vegetarian + can be vegan if you use maple syrup.
- They can be made in advance for easy party planning!
They cover all the bases! These bite sized-treats are crispy, crunchy, sticky, salty, sweet, and simply amazing!
As I’m sure most of you know by now, I keep a stack of these crispy little phyllo shells in my freezer year round to make everything from no-bake desserts to party appetizers to breakfast bites. I wait for them to go on sale and pounce, since they’re one of the few packaged convenience foods that everyone in my family adores, making it totally worth the expense in my book. Fingers crossed they knock the price back to $1 a box this year so I can replenish my stash!
Alternatively you can actually make these yourself! My goal is to try [this] super awesome technique from The Kitchn. I picked up a giant roll of phyllo dough and can’t wait to try it!
Ready to get your recipe on? Let’s make some easy peasy shortcut baklava! CHOCOLATE dipped baklava! I’m clearly living life on the wild side these days, eh?
Tis the season!
Cranberry Bliss Baklava Bites
15 minPrep Time
2 minCook Time
17 minTotal Time
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 15 phyllo cups [found near the frozen dough]
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 3-4 TBSP honey, plus extra to taste
- 2-3 oz white chocolate
- 1/4-1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Want to take your cranberry blissdom to the next level? Try freshly grating orange zest on top of the melted white chocolate drizzle for a burst of citrusy goodness!
- Place your dar chocolate and coconut oil in a small microwave-safe ramekin.
- Melt via microwave by adjusting the power to 50% and heating at 30 second intervals, stirring in between each. It only took two 30 second cycles to melt mine but may vary depending on chocolate type and oven wattage. You can also melt chocolate stove-top using the double broiler method.
- Dip a phyllo cup face-down in the chocolate until the edges are coated, almost like you're rimming a margarita glass with salt. My dish was shallow enough for me to drop the entire phyllo cup into the bowl then I simply inserted a toothpick into the middle of the phyllo cup to remove it and placed it chocolate side up on a plate. It sounds weird when typed out but the execution itself was super easy and took no time at all.
- Once each cup is dipped in delicious chocolate, allow them to cool/dry on the countertop or pop them in the fridge to chill.
- Once your chocolate has set, fill each phyllo cup to the brim with cranberries, pistachios and pecans.
- Pour a little honey into each cup, add a little - or a lot! No need to worry about measurements.
- Next melt your white chocolate and coconut using the same method as the chocolate above.
- Stir chocolate with a fork then drizzle over each phyllo cup.
- Allow chocolate to cool and dig in!
Have a few extra minutes? You can toast your pistachios and pecans on a skillet with a little brown sugar and butter for an added level of deliciousness! I do this with my
coconut baklava bites
and it's ahhh-mazing!
Making this ahead of time? It works marvelously! I dipped my phyllo shells in advance and stored them in an airtight container in the fridge overnight. I combined the chopped nuts and cranberry in a small container on the counter and simply assembled with the honey and white chocolate before serving, though you can fully assemble the entire thing and refrigerate as well!