What I Ate Wednesday #181

It’s WEDNESDAY!? You’re kidding right? How on earth did that happen!? I’ve had a plateful of crazy lately, some of which is awesome and I’m so excited to update you on it as soon as I can get my bearings, and some of it is downright terrible and I hate it and, well, such is life. I don’t mean to be cryptic [though clearly I'm awesome at it!] but I’m trying to soak up my last glorious minutes of sweet, sunny, hotter-than-hades Florida and I love ya, but um… Florida! I’ve missed this state dearly as it houses some of my favorite people in the entire universe.
When I get a spare chance I have a pretty lengthy list of people to photoshop into this picture. My Florida family runneth over and I’m perpetually counting the days until I see them all next!
I’m also soaking up as much time as physically possible with a certain marine…
It’s weird to think that we’ve been married four years, but I don’t see nearly enough of him! While it sucks to miss him so much, I hope I’ll still be missing him whenever we’re apart 50 years from now! Cheesy? Absolutely! True? Heck yes!
Let’s stuff a sock in me before I start getting sappy and nostalgic, there’s food to drool over after all! Happy WIAW! This week I’m collaging it up with some of my favorite face-stuffage from my Florida trip:
I think it’s safe to say things got a bit indulgent!
This is what happens when you live in the middle of nowhere for 4+ years and are then unleashed upon civilization with so many restaurants and so. little. time. I think I made the most of my trip by packing in as much deliciousness as humanly possible. This was only half of it, and I now have a pretty lengthy list of dishes I’m already itching to recreate at home! Let the recipe testing begin! Whoo!
I’ve got to run, but first, show me your eats!

Peas and Crayons

New to the party? [click here] for more info on our Wednesday shenanigans!
Bloglovin Follow Button

Comments

1. Sprint2theTable says

I’m so glad you had a blast! All of that food looks incredible. Please recreate those fluffy-looking biscuits ASAP. ;)

2. kim@hungryhealthygirl says

Love Florida and I don’t even have any favorite people that live there. We vacation in Destin every year and their sushi is top notch. When we were there in June, I had it four nights in a row… I just couldn’t stop!

I don’t know how you do it. It’s so hard to miss your lovey dove…you’re a tough litttle cookie. At least now, you have little peanut to hang with and snuggle. :) Your food looks delicious and wow…you look great! Did you have much baby weight to lose? Thanks so much for sending me that email. Enjoy your family time!! xo, Jess

4. Carmy @ carmyy.com says

1. you look absolutely stunning in that picture – if I had a baby to care for, I think I’d be looking 100x more haggard – what’s your secret? ;) haha and 2. those food pics are drool worthy. Especially the cupcakes when I saw them on your Instagram.

Oh gosh Carmy, thanks for being so sweet! Haggard is actually my look of necessity some days, though now that the nugget is older, she starting to let me groom again! Whoo! My MIL had the nugget for 24hours, hence my hair being all fancy pants vs my token topknot or braid :) it’s amazing how a little primping can make me feel like a new person! Also? Coffee. Buckets.

Thanks! I didn’t gain for the bulk of the first two trimesters because of the HG but packed on 35-38ish the final trimester when the sickness waned a little. It all worked out because the chickpea was super healthy! I’m beyond thankful for that!

7. Sprint2theTable says

Welllll… that was sneaky including them in a the FLA eats collage. I’m just sayin’… ;)

8. Heather @ Housewife Glamour says

Ahhh, Florida! How I miss thee. Enjoy your time there with friends! All of your eats look amazing. :)

9. Sabrina @ Work It Ms Jackson says

Awesome! I will definitely be trying these! :) And my husband will probably thank you for this. He loves grits

10. Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets says

I’m so glad you’re having a great time in Florida. Live it up my friend, live it up.