What I Ate Wednesday #155

breakfast was half an everything bagel with fluffy eggs and a slice of melty muenster cheese
plus a banana for good measure
Things started to get a bit batty over here so lunch was the easiest thing I could get my hands on at the moment: a bowl of swiss muesli with coconut milk and a homemade carrot-walnut muffin
snacks were of the veggie variety:
broccoli, celery, and green pepper with creamy caesar dressing as a dip
dinner was a cold weather favorite:
My infamous tortilla soup!  I’ve been threatened by friends and family in regards to posting the recipe in a timely manner so I might have to bypass the cutesy photo shoot and post the recipe before I can get some blog worthy shots of it — I fear what may happen if I don’t comply =) Stay tuned!
The day ended on a sweet note:
I’m starting to think every day of eats needs to end this way.  These are the best chocolate chip cookies of my life!  Don’t go getting your panties in a bunch; recipe to come! <3

Peas and Crayons

New to the party? [click here] for more info on our Wednesday shenanigans!

Bloglovin Follow Button

Comments

1. Claire says

Yummy looking eats Jenn! That cookie looks completely delicious but so does the veggie plate! Thanks for hosting WIAW :)

2. Sprint2theTable says

I think thank whole days looks delicious! Especially lunch. And the soup. Oh, and let’s not forget the cookie.

3. Juli @ 1000lovely things says

Your greens always look so deliciously green! I am not a huge fan of soups but yours always make me drooling! Have a lovely Wednesday :-)

4. Miss_Smart says

You are, in fact, correct in worrying about what may happen if you continue to withhold. Recipes, of course.

Sure thing! Here’s my favorite technique:

Crack your egg(s) in a mug, whisk vigorously with a fork to combine the yolk and white and, after whisking, add a teeny tiny splash of milk to the cup. Next, prep a frying pan with a little oil and turn heat on to medium. Once the pan is hot, add you whisked egg and once the egg starts to thicken, fold it once or twice and flip. Allow the other side to cook and flip again. I keep scraping and folding until the eggs start to get super fluffy and tall, then switch it to low heat so they don’t brown [*I’m not a fan of browned eggs! Not evah!*] You cant mess this up! Even if the eggs start to separate or some breaks off, you can just fold it into a little tower of fluffy eggs and pile it on your sandwich. This technique gives the egg the same fluffy height of restaurant egg sandwiches without microwaving [*which, most places simply nuke the eggs*] So yeah, super lengthy explanation for super easy eggs. Haha.

6. Tara Gantz Newman says

Jenn, that bagel looks amazing! And I would love to try your soup recipe. Great timing with the frigid temps in NY.

7. Meghan@Clean Eats Fast Feets says

Yeah, so I’d like to tear apart everything you just posted. For reals. Post the soup; the photo shoot can come later.

Thanks for hosting! I’m returning to blogging at WIAW after a little blogging hiatus for a crazy fall. I’m sharing my recipe for fruit crumble. Banana Mango crumble is awesome! — Sarina @ Earthgiven Kitchen

9. kim@hungryhealthygirl says

Can’t wait for both upcoming recipes! I had breakfast for lunch too…. sometimes you just can’t beat it. Thanks for hosting, as always!

10. Kim Hoeltje says

All of your food looks soo yummy! You are either a really good photographer or a really good cook! Or both! :)

11. Sarah says

I made this last night with enough for leftovers because I knew it would be fantastic and it was! I rarely review recipes but this one was too good to pass up! Thanks! :)

Hey Kiera! It’s made by the grocery store I have here in NC – Harris Teeter. Kellog’s also makes a really yummy blend but they are a bit more expensive. Essentially it contains rolled oats, rice puffs, bran flakes, corn flakes, dates, and raisins. I’ve been hooked on it since I was little! =)

xoxo