Cilantro Lime Quinoa

Cilantro Lime Quinoa

Morning loves!  Today’s post is going to be a bit of a quickie, just like this recipe!  Everyone needs an arsenal of fast, easy, and healthy side dishes so get ready to toss this one into the weekly line-up.  With the refreshing flavors of cilantro and lime, this fluffy quinoa will compliment a bevvy of dishes and knock your typical pot-o-rice out of the water when taco night rolls around.

Cilantro Lime Quinoa
[3 cups of fluffy quinoa fit for a fiesta!]

ingredients:
1 cup dried quinoa
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
juice of 1/2 a lime
zest of 1/2 a lime
1-2 TBSP olive, coconut or avocado oil
salt and pepper to taste
instructions:
Fluff up a pot of quinoa according to package directions or use [this tutorial] for perfectly cooked quinoa!  Add chopped cilantro, lime juice, lime zest and oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.  Toss to combine and taste.  Add any extra cilantro, lime, or seasoning that your heart desires and dig in!  So easy!  Leftovers taste great and can be stored in the fridge for up to four days.  The quinoa will soak up the lime and oil so, to amp up the flavor, add a little extra the next day and you’re good to go!  A scoop or two makes a fabulous salad topper!

Serve it hot or chilled [my favorite!] but whatever you do, get this in your face!

Cilantro Lime Quinoa
craving more quinoa?
Quinoa Fried RiceQuinoa Fried Rice Remix
Gluten Free Quinoa BLTQuinoa Bruschetta Salad

Comments

1. Claire says

Wow Jenn this looks gorgeous! Love the sound of the flavours with the quinoa – lime, coconut and coriander (as we UK folk call it) are such a winning combo.

2. Jana Antil says

This looks so good! I have made homemade Chipotle bowls at home and created a similar recipe to this one for it! Cilantro and like is so so good!

3. Christine says

This looks wonderful, I adore cilantro but have not been using it much lately for some reason. Adding it to my list, thanks!

4. FraijoManda says

Sweet! I seriously love cilantro lime RICE, I’m not sure why I haven’t thought to do it with quinoa. You are the twistomexicanerrything goddes I’m sure of it.

5. Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets says

I just did this same combo with brown rice. Genius idea to use quinoa. I might have tried that, except I made four cups of dry rice for a recipe that calls for 4 cups of cooked rice. Oops, I ended up with 12 cups of cooked rice. Ha, ha. Oh well, it all went into delicious things…cilantro lime rice included.

6. Sarah says

BTW. i made the recipe this weekend and everyone loved it!!! Thanks so much for sharing :) it was delicious!! I added some roasted corn to it.. mmm

7. Candice says

I made this for my in laws and my family this past weekend….SMASH HIT!!! This is delicious, and once you get all the ingredients in, it cooks itself. This is a must try. It may have a lot of ingredients, but it is well worth it. Thank you for this recipe!

8. Christina Schaa says

This is my first time cooking chicken in a crockpot. Do I cook the chicken first or do I put it in uncooked?

9. Farhaana says

Can I just use a whole cut up chicken and then pick off the meat from the bones near the end, then throw the meat back in?