What I Ate Wednesday #109 [Love Your Veggies Month]

Happy WIAW kids!  Let’s dive right in, shall we?
I may or may not have bought five pounds of grapes at the store this week.  [oh heck yes!]
My grandpa raised me to be the snobbiest of bagel snobs.
Pumpernickel is my weakness and I’m stoked to have finally found a local bakery I adore!
Ohmygosh if I keep this up the post will be a million miles long…. collage time!  I threw in a few days worth of eats since my phone and camera were chock full of them this week.  You’ll notice my carb obsession is still in effect, but I have been shoveling just as much produce in my face too.  Whoo!   Progress!  [and whooo! ice cream!]
From Left to Right: Veg-topped salad + Light Ranch – Baked Alexia Waffle Fries + Organic Ketchup – Local, Pasture-raised Bison Burger with Lettuce, Tomato, Pepperjack and Mustard – Coldstone’s Birthday Cake Re-mix – Southwestern Eggrolls – Salad Bar Faceplant [my favorite way to pile on the veggies!] – Breakfast Bagel Sandwich – Tortilla Chips + Salsa – Ah-freaking-mazing Shrimp + Veggie Fajitas with Guacamole and Toppings Galore!
Not a full week’s worth but still a pretty fun snapshot into some recent eats.  I’ve been eating out a bit more than normal but make up for it by trying to balance my indulgent eats with healthy ones. I’d love to start juicing [its still a bit chilly for smoothies around here!] but the thought of replacing my recently deceased car and dolling out hundreds on a juicer scares the pants off me!

Peas and Crayons
For those of you WIAW-ing it up this month, I challenge you to VEG-ify your posts!
in addition to your What I Ate Wednesday posts:
Tell us about your favorite vegetables.  Share your go-to cooking/prep methods for veggies.  Talk about how you add extra fruits and vegetables to your daily eats.  Challenge yourself to eat more vegetables this month/week/year & any other veggie-centric topics you can whip up!  Be creative and, most importantly, have fun with it!

Comments

Red grapes are the best! I might have a slight snack-obsession when it comes to them: they somehow find themselves a place in my tupperware every day for the last 3 (or more?) weeks and I do not see them taking a hike soon.

And don’t tell me there is really such a thing as pumpernickel bagel. Hahaha, that is adorable. We have pumpernickel everywere around here in Germany. But a Bagel version would be the BOMB!

Dude. I love pumpernickel bread, but I don’t think I’ve EVER had a pumpernickel bagel. Or a rye one. [Do they make those?] Now I’m craving carbs. Except I wrote ‘crabs.’ I’m not craving them. Although pickled ginger with sushi…maybe?

It’s time for coffee.

P.S. I bought a juicer once. I sent it back after my first attempt at juicing. It’s EXPENSIVE to buy all that produce I would happily eat on its own.

All of this food looks SO good! I have not had red grapes in awhile and I am really starting to miss them. I need to buy some ASAP!

And holy cow, those waffles fries look amazing (seriously, waffle fries are the best, right?) and Birthday Cake Remix is absolutely the best ice cream flavor at Cold Stone. I need to get me some of this food! ;)

Those waffle fries stole my heart. I haven’t had them in years but I’m thinking that may need to change… Also you reminded me that a trip to coldstone is in order. I’m thinking tomorrow night. Yes, pre-race fuel at its finest.

I LOVE pumpernickel bread too. I hostessed at Outback Steakhouse when I was in school (I’m a vegetarian now so I think that it’s pretty funny I once worked at a steakhouse but there you go ;)) and I LOVED their bread that they served free to every table. It was pumpernickel but I have struggled to find a storebought pumpernickel that tastes quite the same. However, it’s all still fabulous!

Happy WIAW gorgeous girl! <3
    Pumpernickel is such a cute word! I have absolutely no idea what it is, so I’m going to have to Google it as soon as I’ve finished lusting after all the beautiful food on this week’s WIAW ;)
    Such a beautiful shot you took of the grapes! They look totally lush! xx

• says

Join the party anytime! There’s a ton of info on my WIAW page and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask! We meet up and share our food diaries and any other goodies we feel like posting [workouts, recipes, stories, all that good stuff!] every Wednesday! xo

I woke up this morning craving a bagel, loads of cream cheese and chocolate milk!! Its cruel of you to torture me with pictures of a pumpernickle bagel!!! However, I have to disagree with you on ONE point- its never too cold for smoothies :)

I CANNOT believe I forgot to post my WIAW eats!! As a last stitch effort to join the fun, everyone should check out my most recent WIAW post, just so I feel included ;)