WIAW #105 and an update

As most of you all know, I’ve been a bit ill lately.  Hello understatement of the century!  I’ve been an absolute corpse, it’s true.  Until I can fully de-zombify and begin to resemble something closer to a human being, we might have to get a bit creative over here.  Most of you all know how daunting cooking for one is when you’re sick, right?  Eventually I’m just going to con one of the besties into coming over and giving me a break from the peanut butter cracker-a-thon I’ve been partaking in lately.  Seriously Cat if you don’t come cook for me I’m going to throw a fit.  I need your glazed carrots and samosa breakfast bites in my face.  Yesterday.  Get on it.

I do have a recipe post for you tomorrow!  Oh yes!  I dragged my zombie butt into the kitchen and baked up a giant plate of fluffy scones.  I then proceeded to stuff said scones into my face before faceplanting back into my pillow.  Ooh!  There was also the ceremonious removing of the paper sticky blinds that have adorned my windows for the past year and a half.  Hearing each one go *rrriiiiiiiiiiiipppp* as we tossed them aside was beyond satisfying.  I think it’s safe to say yesterday rocked my socks.  I’ll try to sneak in a house update post sometime this month if you’re interested.  It’s finally starting to look less like a builder blueprint and more like a home.  Though whenever I leave town and return, it always smells like new house.  It could be worse though!  It could smell like old cat.  That would be a bit vile.

So I’m totally rambling again aren’t I?  This is what happens when I actually sit down and write.  I get so overly excited to talk to you guys that I just start spouting off whatever pops into my head.  Let’s get our WIAW on, shall we?

Last Friday’s Eats:
[breakfast] coffee, banana, and a strawberry cereal bar  [snack] a few handfuls of honey mustard pretzels  (I’m positively kicking myself for not buying a second bag of these!)  [lunch] (a photo fail of epic proportions) lunch was snackish: a plate of whole grain crackers with peanut butter and another banana  [dinner] my opportunity to make up for a day of less than stellar eats: a behemoth salad bar salad from Sweet Tomatoes with a side of blueberry muffins.  Four to be exact.  I’m a bit of a fiend for Sweet Tomatoes salad/muffins =) [dessert] unphotographed fruit-juice gummy bears on the ride home from dinner.
It’s still kind of difficult for me to eat when I’m under the weather, but I’m trying to get my nutrients in where I can.  I hope the next time I do one of these it’s an un-sick day of eats with way more interesting dishes and snacks to share.  Fingers crossed!
Let’s see what you’ve been noshing on lately!

Peas and Crayons

Comments

Hi Jenn. So sorry that you’ve been ill for so long, you poor thing! I really feel for you. Sounds like you’re over the worst of it now so hopefully you’ll be back to full strength in no time at all.
    Would love to see some updates of your house project. After our building project (8 years ago) I still haven’t got skirting boards or architrave round the doors. I’m now wondering whether it’ll ever get finished :/ M lost interest a long time ago and has since moved onto far more interesting activities, like night mountain bike rides and spray painting (on board & paper, not on the city walls!)

Girl! I am so sad you are so sick. I have been going in and out of ‘illness,’ but I put that in quotations because it is NOTHING like what you are going through. :(

On the bright side, I am now craving Honey Mustard pretzels, which I have not had since an unfortunate overdose when I was in high school. And I love Skippy. And Jif. I’m not sure why I think of them as trashy. Sometimes the nostalgic way is the best way.

I’m so sorry you are still sick. This is getting a bit ridculous. Get better!

I love me some Souplantation (what it’s called here). My husband is addicted to those blueberry muffins, he skips all dessert there except for those muffins. Me – my salad weighs 1,000 pounds and I could pass on everything else. Best place for dinner for my kids, they eat veggies galore and it’s awesome.

booo. I cannot believe you’re still sick. I hope it’s not something serious because the last 3 weeks you’ve been a zombie. :( Feel better soon.

O Jenn, I’m so sorry to hear you haven’t fully de-zombified yet. :( In honor of your zombiefication, you should totally watch Zombieland. It might help cheer you up. :D Sending you lots of hugs!! I wish I lived closer to bring over some chicken noodle soup for ya. XOXO

6. Sharon B says

If I lived in your neck of the woods, i’d TOTALLY come feed you! Instead, i send you well wishes via the social medias ;) Hope you feel better puddin!! I miss reading you!

Noo why did you mention scones?! lol, it’s seriously one of my FAVORITE simple baked goods…I think I actually like them a weee bit more than cookies. :D your cold is lasting a while, but God bless your health and may you be healed now~

I hope you feel better soon! I’d bring you soup if i could!!!!
    Scones sound good for the soul hehehe they always make someone feel better! ;-)

Geez girlie that’s no fun! I actually heard the flu can take 21 days for a person to fully get over. :(

I’m battling allergies or something over here so today I can totally relate to zombie-ish tendencies as well as being the girl in class who blows her nose 10 times and makes everyone wish I had just stayed home…

Get better!