When it comes to dressings, I like to be thoroughly assaulted by flavor. Not quite a Lohan-esque sucker punch to the taste buds, but pretty darn close. In order for me to deem a dressing appropriate, it needs to be a little bit sweet, a little bit salty, and enhance any and all veggies I pair it with without overpowering their natural deliciousness. It’s not asking too much.
Honey Dijon Vinaigrette:
- 2 TBSP of your favorite healthy oil
- 2 TBSP dijon mustard
- 2 TBSP white vinegar
- 1-2 TBSP chopped yellow or vidalia onion
- 1 TBSP honey; plus extra, to taste
- ½ tsp of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp dried minced onion or onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt; plus any extra, to taste
- Whisk all of the above ingredients together, dip a spinach leaf to taste, then adjust the acidity-to-honey ratio to suit your palette.
- You can even go crazy and add a little extra garlic! Simply listen to your taste buds; they're brilliant.