[Oh the Leftovers!] What I Ate Wednesday #97

I think someone hit me with the boring stick.  Either that or I’m just really wiped from yesterday’s rather lengthy sweat sesh at the base gym.  Holy muscle soreness batman!  I stretched too!  Quite a bit!  Hmm… I foresee a nap and an epic epsom salt bubble bath in my near future.  At least I won’t have to wear pants!
So THAT’S not how I saw this post going today!  Whoops! =)  Let’s talk about food shall we?  I ate lots of it.  When there are Thanksgiving leftovers in the house I tend to prance in front of the fridge looking for snacks way more often than usual.  Then I prance around at Zumba.  It’s awesome!
What I Ate Wednesday WIAW Party Collage
breakfast
My go-to as of lately has been egg whites [with one yolk for good measure] and veggies.  I alternate between kale, zucchini, peppers, onion, or a little of each.  Then I dump an unreasonable amount of hot sauce on top.  Or salsa.  I used to only eat my eggs with cheese and I’m proud to say I prefer the veggies.  Though I’ll eat cheese on everything else.  I freaking love cheese.  Oh and coffee – which I had entirely too many cups of this particular day.
snacks
Hummus + Rice Crackers
Leftover Cranberry Crack Spread + Celery Sticks
And a healthy dose of leftover Spinach + Artichoke Cheesecake on toast
Vegetarian Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich
lunch
1. Prance infront of the aforementioned fridge-o-leftovers.
2. Grab everything that looks good.
3. Sandwich.  Duh.

dinner
By the time dinner rolled around I wasn’t super hungry.  I was however, super lazy!  Brinner for everyone!  Eggs and garliky kale with cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread topped with natural peanut butter.
 Done deal.
Peas and Crayons

So this will mark the last fall-themed What I Ate Wednesday.  It’s not officially winter but it abso-freaking-lutely already feels like it!  Is anyone else channeling their inner Buddy the Elf yet?
Here’s a peek at what’s in store for next month:
Details to follow!

What I Ate Wednesday Healthy Holiday Recipes

Until then… Let’s see what you’ve been eating!

New to the party?

Comments

Ah, the leftover dance…er, I mean PRance. :) Gotta love that. Although mine usually occurs at bedtime…often when everyone else is already asleep…”Oh, goodness, I really don’t think we had any of those sweet potatoes left, actually” [Mock surprise.]

I cant believe its almost december since its still so warm around here. I still dont wear a coat on a daily basis and I feel like thats a criteria of winter! Its making it hard for me to get in the Christmas spirit

Want to send this poor Canadian girl some delicious Thanksgiving leftovers? I’m really feeling a turkey and cranberry sauce withdrawal here. And I’m kind of in love with next months theme… maybe that’ll give me the kick-in-the-butt that I need to get back into the kitchen.

Breakfast for dinner happened in our house last night too and considering I’m pooped tired today and it’s National French Toast Day, there’s a likely chance it’ll happen again tonight ;) #noshame #lovebreakfast

P.S. I love salsa + hot sauce on eggs with a sprinkle of parm cheese! A tiny bit packs a big punch!

Your sandwich of leftovers looks so yummy! I love raiding the fridge and mixing up the leftovers. It’s amazing what unusual yet delicious combinations you can create with them ;)
    LOVE the new December logo! I’m not feeling festive yet but, as soon as 1st Dec arrives, I’m sure it’ll kick in! xx

Thank you for linking to the yummy recipes you mentioned within this post! I can’t wait to check them out. LOL at “at least I don’t have to wear pants”. That thought daily crosses my mind. Sometimes it’s just wishful thinking baha.

i love thanksgiving sandwiches like that!!! i feel like with all the thanksgiving foods on them, it’s not fair to call them “turkey sandwiches.” i brought them back for myself this year with my tofurky. delicious.