THANKSGIVING IS COMING! THANKSGIVING IS COMING! Holy crap that snuck up on me! Is it really next week? Where on earth have I been this past month!? A veggie coma perhaps?
Your blogland Thanksgiving recipe bombardment is surely reaching it’s peak right about now, but would you mind terribly if I add something super easy to the mix? It won’t take up the prime real estate that is your oven space… It won’t even require the stove-top or the microwave. Just grab your crockpot and the ingredients below and walk. a. way.
Cran-Apple Crockpot Cranberry Sauce
Hello easiest recipe of life! Save on oven and stove top space by making this delicious holiday staple in the slow cooker!
5 minPrep Time
2 hrCook Time
2 hr, 5 Total Time
- 2 cups of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 large honeycrisp apple, diced [around 2.5 cups - skin optional]
- 1 medium orange [enough for 1/2 tsp of zest + 1/4 cup of juice]
- 3 TBSP honey [plus a smidge more, to taste]
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- a teeny pinch of salt
- Grate the zest from your orange until you have about 1/2 teaspoon of zest, then slice and squeeze out 1/4 cup of juice.
- Add your zest and juice along with all the above ingredients into your slow cooker, cover, and cook for 2 hours on high or 3-4 hours on low.
- I made a point to stir it every so often, if only for the mere excuse of licking the the spoon and filling the house with the smell of amazing cinnamon apple cranberry deliciousness.
no crockpot? no problem!
Clear some space and whip this up on the stove top! Add the ingredients from above to a small-medium saucepan and cook on medium heat, covered. Stir often to prevent sticking and use a fork or wooden spoon to help smoosh the berries as they start to heat up! You can even crank up the temperature a teeny bit more to help the sauce along, just babysit it if you do, stirring at frequent intervals. Super simple! =)
Ohmygosh! And if you manage to squirrel away any leftover cranberry sauce, you totally have to make this:
Though if you’re like me, you need to make a second batch of crockpot cran sauce so you have enough. Ok a third. I heart it so.