What I Ate Wednesday #83 + My Girly Freak-out Moment

AHAAFHDLFJAFOIAGNOANHHHHAOIDOKEJTRNAKLKOSIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!
Oh, I’m sorry — you can’t read that?
I’m too excited to form actual words. OBVIOUSLY!
But why?
PAUL IS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!

USMC Deployment Homecoming

For those of you that are new, my marine has been serving in Afghanistan for the past 7 months.  Our first deployment is officially freaking OVER!  *biggest happy dance ever*

I am currently crazy-glued to his side [emphasis on the crazy!] and shall not leave it for the world.  This means that I don’t exactly have a proper What I Ate Wednesday post for you today.  I was, however, a good little blogger and scrounged up a round-up of some of the face-stuffage that has gone down over the last few weeks!  So drool away!  I’ll be making up for lost time by annoying the crap out of my husband =)
Blueberry Watermelon Strawberry Fruit Salad
lots of fresh fruit. by the mouthful/bucketful… basically as much as I can stuff in my face
Asparagus Artichoke Whole Grain Flatbread Pizza
lots and lots of whole grain asparagus artichoke flatbread
[Here’s the recipe!]
Cheesy Pumpkin + Black Bean Nachos
weirdest nachos ever — with pumpkin, black beans, and a freaking mountain of cheese
Cheese and Veggie Snack Plate
multi-grain rice and seed crackers, cucumber, and cabot habanero cheddar snack plate
Field Green Salad with Tomatoes, Eggs, Cucumber, and Carrot Chips
vegetables make me happy
Love Grown Gluten Free Granola
love grown granola and greek yogurt — buckets and buckets of the stuff
it didn’t suck
Healthy Spinach Dip and Veggies
peas and crayons… glitter and veggies… it’s all the same really =)
[dip recipe]

and finally…
Bullet the Ferret and Hot Dog Squeakie Toy
What Bullet the Ferret Ate Wednesday.
 [His favorite squeakie doubles as his “summer staple]
Oh and my summer staple?  My freaking husband!  I’m far too giddy to write this post =)
You guys will do much better, right?  Please oh please make up for my madness!
Peas and Crayons

Want to join in on the fun?

Comments

1. Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli says

YIPPEEEEEEEEEE! I’m so so excited for you girl! I know these past 7 months have been hard on you! Enjoy your time with your man!

And you say “weird” nachos…I say DELICIOUS!! I’m totally making those! :)

2. Alexis@fitpossible says

So happy for you! 7 months is a long time… I understand tehe… enjoy all the time being giddy its a great feeling!

3. Meghan@CleanEatsFastFeets says

What great news!! You are entitled to a whole weekend/month of freak outs. How very exciting Go get your man Girl and get er done.

4. Kat @ Journey to 100 says

I am so happy that you two are back together.I had a hard enough time with long distance, much less deployment – blah!

5. Laura @ Mommyrunfast says

I’m so thrilled for you that he’s home!! I am amazed at those of you who have to deal with separation… Enjoy!!

6. Three Men and A Little Lady says

YAY!!!!!!!!! My husband was gone for a year back in 2009-2010 and there was no greater day than the one you just had!!!!! I am so glad another one had returned home safe! Enjoy this precious time, and don’t feel guilty for letting everything else go;)

7. sonja@vesenmork says

The picture of you two is so cute!
    But bullet the ferret is the one who really steals my heart here :-) so adorable!
    thanks for hosting.

8. Madeline @ FoodFitandFam says

WELCOME HOME PAUL!!!!! Aww my heart is SO happy for you girl. Welcome home is unlike anything else in the world :)

9. Emily says

YAY! This just put the biggest smile on my face. I can’t even imagine how happy you both must be. Enjoy every minute with your man! <3

10. Kristi @ Sweetly Fit says

awww yay!! You guys could not get any cuter. I’m happy for you! And I also love your amazing use of cheese in this post, haha. That’s what I’m talking about!

So so happy for you! Enjoy being reunited, I can’t imagine how good it feels!! :) Your food looks so delicious here, particularly the whole grain asparagus artichoke flatbread -amazing. Have a great week!

12. Laura says

I am SO happy he is home :) :) :) And please thank him for his service and also thanks to YOU for supporting him during his service!

13. Contralto says

Long time lurker emerging from the shadows – I am so happy for you! God bless you and thank you both for your sacrifice and service.

Thanks beautiful! He did! He gave the boxes to the guys and gals he served with over there and they went bananas over it! Sorry i’m so behind on life – i’ve been superglued to his side! Thank you so so much for all your help and your donation! You rock chica! Hows the running/healing going? Hope you’re feeling 100000x better! xoxo