[Recipe Quickie] To- Die-For Veggie Croissant Sandwiches

Pin It

Some of you are deja-vuing your faces off right now, I know.  I’ve totally talked about these sandwiches before.  But this one is a little different.  So if you’re a T-Rex Chef or just really into cream cheese, head back over to the original recipe to get your fix — and everyone else, promptly run to your grocery store for the ingredients listed below.

To- Die-For
Veggie Croissant Sandwiches

what’s in it?
one fluffy, buttery croissant
creamy goat cheese
dried cranberries [or cranberry sauce]
dried parsley
crushed walnuts
cinnamon
cucumber
sprouts

get your sandwich on!
Start of with a handful or two of dried cranberries.  Some brands [like these organic ones] are always plump and juicy straight from the bag, others are a little more dried.  If yours are on the drier side, simple soak in hot water for a few minutes and drain.  Mix all ingredients in a bowl, using your sense of smell and taste as your guide.  For me that means lots and lots of cinnamon.  I’m an absolute junkie when it comes to the spice and the health benefits of cinnamon are aplenty.  Spread on a fluffy croissant and pile high with fresh cucumber and sprouts for the mother of all veggie sandwiches.  You can even add slices of fresh bell pepper to the mix – whatever it takes to veg up your day! <3

so… how was it?
Positively amazing.  I *obliterated* it.  It didn’t stand a chance against me.  Just typing this up makes me really really mad that I don’t have one in my face right now.  sigh
Random side-note — these photos were taken with my Ipad… Um…. Apple, I love you!!!

If you happen to have cranberry sauce on hand, you have GOT to make this:

What’s your all-time favorite sandwich?

Comments

1. TheMrsatSuccessAlongtheWeigh says

Wow!  Now I’m not usually a veggie sandwich girl but this is making my mouth water!  YUM!

2. Hesperleigh says

Can I just move in with you? I want to eat all your food, but I don’t have the time or energy to make half of it? Okaythanks!

3. Liziheartvegetables says

Um, YES! I’ll take 3 of these. Haha that sounds seriously DELICIOUS. I’ve recently become semi-obsessed with goat cheese, haha

Yum!!!  Oh goodness, all-time favorite sandwich??  That’s so tough!  I love anything with gooey, melty cheese.  There’s a vegetarian panini at Panera that I think is really delicious, but I wouldn’t call it my ALL-time favorite!

No way, these were taken with an iPad? that is awesome, I need to start taking mine into better use then! I recently had the combo of goat cheese + cranberries for hte first time and fell in LOVE. I love this combo. I don’t have a favorite combo though, I think.

avocado, sliced, hard boiled egg, lettuce (pref arugula or spinach) tomato, onion, mustard, and MAYBE some sharp cheddar or shaved pecorino, on ELI’s health bread.

Would you believe I’ve never had a croissant? This looks soooo freakin’ good though! I love goat cheese and the combo you’ve come up with sounds symphonic! All time fave sandwich is probably peanut butter and strawberry jam on soft wheat bread.

8. Elena King says

I MUST try this, minus the cucumber and with homemade bread instead of the croissant.  I’m glad to have found the recipe since I have to make sandwiches for potluck this week!

omygosh this looks SO GOOD!! I’ve been searching like crazy for the past week trying to find recipes for a wedding shower I’m throwing in a couple weeks and this might be it! I’m doing a salad and frittata but also want to have some tea sandwiches out, I’m loving the croissant sandwich idea!! :)

Ohmygosh thank you! Make these!!! My friends are all obsessed with the first one I posted [with cream cheese instead of goat cheese and some with veggies, some with turkey] and use them for showers/parties all the time! I think they’ll be a hit =) Let me know if you end up making them!! xoxo

11. shannon @ a periodic table says

what a great veggie sandwich! love that in the summer (or all the time, depending on mood). and the cinnamon addition? brilliant. so going to try this. awesome photos, by the way – iPad, i need you. :)