What I Ate Wednesday Goes Green! [Party #62]

—-What WIAW isn’t about—-
Comparison – Judgement – Restriction – Guilt

—-What WIAW is about—-
Celebrating one of the glorious things we all have in common: We all eat!
[Tuesday March 27th]
wiaw what i ate wednesday goes green
[breakfast] hashbrown breakfast sandwich w/ jalapeno ranch + a big beautiful cup of black coffee [snack] clementiens  [gym nibbles] two bottles of water + a few handfuls of raisins [lunch] green tea + a peanut butter and jelly sandwich + two cups of cayenne and sea salt edamame [dinner] a loaded spring mix salad with peppers, tomatoes, and a generous helping of cheese [dessert] so delicious butter pecan almond milk ice cream sundae
Looking back at my eats reminds me that I still need to start sneaking some protein packed green monster smoothies into my post-workout routine.  The habit became extinct right around the time that fall kicked in, so it’s time to grab spring by the balls flowers and get back to business!  I also want to eat more black, pinto, and garbanzo beans.  It is so much easier to set goals when I have a month’s worth of WIAW posts to reflect on!
–Your Turn!–
Happy What I Ate Wednesday!

Peas and Crayons

Want to join the party?  [Click here for info! ]<3
What’s the best thing you’ve eaten lately?

Comments

1. Sprint2theTable says

I am with you on the added protein… I did better with my burrito bowl though – black beans and tofu!

P.S. Will you please bring me a breakfast sammie tomorrow? ;)

2. Jen (Whittle My Middle) says

Looks like some great meals there. I especially like the looks of that ice cream. Thanks for hosting WIAW!

I love edamame sea salted. But cayenne? Nice. The best thing I ate is the one I attached: A Gruyère, Prosciutto and Arugula Grown-up Grilled Cheese Sandwich on German-Style Rye bread. ;)

That sandwich looks fantastic.  I big giant puffy heart breakfast!!

I love WIAW for helping me look back on my week of food and get some ideas from others.  Thanks for hosting.  I’m on a bean kick right now too.  Love them.  I’ve only made my own a few times, but think I need to do that again this week.

I love using bagels for sandwiches, but a hashbrown on it?  You are quite the creative one.

Looks like you had a good day of eats and hopefully you will get some sunshine out at the coast…it is a chily 60 degrees here in the Piedmont (bbbrrrrrrr)!

even just looking back at my DAY of meals made me realize that i need to get my butt to the supermarket because everything i ate was a convenience food/meal! geez. time to get busy in the kitchen!

7. Brittany Ray says

Your hashbrown breakfast sandwich looks so good! The jalapeno ranch I am going to have to make to dip my sweet potato fries in!

That’s one of the things I love about WIAW too. It really does give you a reference point so you can see where improvements can be made.

9. Lacy @ NYCityEats says

This is a great idea! Looks like you had a good, healthy day of eating! I should start doing this – I’d probably eat a lot better than I do now. :)

10. Jenn A. says

I love your blog, it has made me try so many new things, before your blog I had never tried quinoa and now my husband and I adore it. And I love the WIAW posts, it makes me want to make a blog too just so I can play lol

11. meghan @ scratch-made wife says

Thanks for another great WIAW. :) I know this was the end of the green month, but I still need to work on getting my greens in. I hate when I see what I’ve eaten for an entire day and realize it wasn’t very green!

I look back on some WIAWs too and think the same thing girl! Its great that we have them to reflect on — helps us make more healthy eating goals and prevent the “bleh” days from being weeks or months. Keep at it! <3 mwah!

13. Heidi Younggrasshopper says

how much FUN is this…. being in the midst of a “metabolism makeover” this is a great project for me!  LOL, see you next week…. I hope!