What I Ate Wednesday Goes Green! [Party #59]

wiaw what i ate wednesday real food
[breakfast] LG Raisin Almond Granola and Greek Yogurt + Black Coffee [pre-gym snack]  Habanero Cheddar + Triscuits w/ water [lunch] Falafel Pitas w/ Arugula, Hummus, and Tatziki + Mango Un-sweet Green Tea [snack]  Sweet Potato Puffs [dinner]  Brinner! Egg + Cheese Pressed Sandwich + water
And since we’re GOING GREEN this month…
Here is my faaaaaavorite green dish as of lately and one of my green goals for the month:

Quinoa Fried Rice with EXTRA [peas] and [parsley]
quinoa fried rice snow peas bean sprouts

green tea
One of my [Go Green!] goals this month is to drink more antioxidant-packed green tea.  I think I average about a cup a day [whoo!] but I want to work my way up to 2-3 cups.  I think this will be easy when the heat wave starts to kick in because I can drink unsweet mango iced tea like it’s going out of style.  Because they go hand in hand, [and because tea is a diuretic] I’ll also have to up my water intake!  So this month i’ll be focusing on more green tea… more water… and more green fruits and veggies!  What about you?
Your turn!  Show us what you’ve been scarfing lately and share some green goodness with us!

Peas and Crayons

Comments

1. Sprint2theTable says

Damn… that reminds me I’m out of green tea at work.  I was supposed to get more today.  *sigh*

LOVE the green theme!!!!!  xoxoxoxoxo

I love you quinoa – quinoa is one of my favourite carbs so I’m always looking for new ways to eat it!

All but one of the things I ate for WIAW was green, haha, I do tend to get a bit carried away with themes, but it’s a good thing when it means I eat lots of extra veg! Thanks for organising it! :)

3. Jann says

Maybe you mentioned and I missed it but what is that photo next to the Falafel balls? It looks like a pasta salad?

I’ve got to get on that quinoa like (white on) rice. [Heehee..get it? Maybe? To me that was funny...at 4:30 in the morning. ;)]

But seriously, I love using quinoa with spaghetti sauce instead of pasta…so why not use it with ASIAN sauce? [And the more vinegar the better...]

5. Lauren says

I’m with you on the tea (and veggies). I just started experimenting with loose tea, my new obsession. I have my own bags, a tea strainer. Fun. Still have to make that quinoa, I’m thinking Thursday. WIAT ha ha.

More green tea is a great idea.  I had a recipe for green tea from the Carb lovers diet.  I’ll have to find that again, make some and post it.  It’s supposed to help you lose weight.  Hmmm…what did I do with that?!?

I posted a pic of quinoa stir fry that I had.  Completely delicious and so much better than with rice.
    As for green tea consumption I am with you, and I love the stuff.  I got some green tea’s from Yogi and have been drinking about 3 cups a day due to how good it tastes.
    I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

I should really keep green tea in my desk at work. I stick to the vanilla comoro though. Any tea is good tea! :) YUM! You had a good week of eats! I need to make sure I consume more greens this week :)

9. lisa@thedailyrundown says

I love falafel… did you make them?
    I’ve never made them at home, but I would like to try bc at a restaurant they are deep fried and I would love a healthified recipe for them!

I love the green theme.  I try to get Green Tea in my days, too.  Doesn’t always happen, but it’s so soothing.  Thanks for hosting, I’m glad I finally got my act together and linked up.  Happy WIAW!

Girl, do you realize you have almost 200 bloggers (and it’s not even the end of the day!) posting their eats on your page?  That’s pretty darn cool. ;)  You rock!

P.S. You’d be proud of me … I actually included something green and healthy in my post this week haha! ;)

I’m a newbie to your blog, but this idea is great! I follow a few blogs that participate in this and was thinking of joining? :o Haha, but all of your food looks great (love your photography!!)

Good call on the green tea!  I think I’ll have some right now.  This makes me miss the summer days of snacking on peas and carrots in the garden all summer.  aaaahhhh almost there!

14. Jann says

Arugula pesto sounds peppery good… if that makes any sense. I don’t think it’s weird at all. If you don’t mind sharing the recipe it would be greatly appreciate by me :)