Recipe Quickie [Taco-Style Chickpeas]

taco seasoned roasted chickpeas

Crispy Roasted Chickpeas
[Taco Style!]
preheat your oven to 400F
grab some garbanzos and rinse, drain, and pat dry
remove the chickpea skin that is prooobably already falling off your little nuggets already
lay flat on a baking sheet lined with a little bit of olive oil
season to taste with salt, pepper, cayenne, cumin, chili and garlic powder
set your timer for 30 minutes, toss em in the oven, and walk away =)
Serve them up taco-salad-style on a bed of greens with tomatoes, peppers, and all your favorite toppings [hellooooo guacamole!]  or pile em high in a taco shell with creamy re-fried beans and crunchy veggies!
See?  I told you this would be a quick one!
Today is one of my crazier days this week:  spin class, grocery shopping, and flailing around zumba followed by dinner and a movie.  *ahem* dinner and HUNGER GAMES!!!
Is anyone else nerding-out and seeing the movie tonight at midnight with me?

Comments

Yum! I’ve been wanting to try roasted chickpeas and I LOVE any Mexi-inspired meals! That salad is going to be my lunch at work next week…and guac is a definite side :)

Have fun at the movie – let us know if you loved it! I’m hoping we can go maybe next weekend!

YUM!! I love some great chick peas! I’m still reading Hunger Games or else I would be right there with you at midnight! Enjoy your crazy busy day, chicka pea!

Love this recipe and I just so happen to have some chickpeas that need to be used!

Ahhh Hunger Games! I am just finishing up the last book of the series (s0 good!) and then will see the movie :)

Perfect!! I love roasted chickpeas. I make curried chickpeas to snack on all the time! But this is genius because I love making veggie taco salads! Would be a nice alternative to using Boca Meatless crumbles for a change :)

5. Shirley says

I am hoping that we can get tickets to go see the movie Saturday night. I hope the movie is as good as the book

6. Emily says

Yum! One of my favorite vegan restaurants actually has a chickpea taco dish that I’ve been dying to recreate. This sounds like the perfect recipe for it!
    Enjoy the movie! I can’t wait to hear how you like it. (:

7. Robyn :) says

I am heading to Kansas city tomorrow so no midnight movie for me :)  And as excited I am that Hunger Games opens tomorrow I waiting to see it.  This is one movie hubby and i agree on wanting to see and we will be going when the theatres are hopefully less crowded ;)

I am looking forward to making this recipe.  I am trying to eat primarily vegetarian with only the occasional meat, poultry or fish.

8. Sprint2theTable says

I used to do these ALL the time!  Must make them again soon.  I used garam masala and some other spices… I think really similar to yours.  We need to have a chickpea roast off when we hang out. :)

What a fun, terrific recipe!  I am gonna have to break down and see this movie.  Would you believe I have no idea what it’s about?

10. shannon @ a periodic table says

what a great idea for a fast (and too busy to think about it) lunch or dinner! Love this idea, and am so trying it this weekend.