Delish Dairy-Free Mocha Frappuccino

frozen coffee copycat mocha frappuccino
Since I almost always start my day with a cup of extra-black extra-strong coffee,  I often hear the same few phrases over and over.  “I could never!”  “I need a little coffee with my creamer!” or “I wish I could drink it like that!”  Or my favorite: “Girl you’re crazy!”
But I didn’t always drink my caffeine boost straight up.  I started my love affair with a double-shot of espresso with a side of awesome:  the always amazing mocha frappuccinos from a certain “Coffee-Bucks” location, as we like to call it!  It’s been ages since I’ve had one, and when the rockin’ peeps at So Delicious sent over a free sample-carton of Mocha Almond Fudge Dairy-Free Ice Cream, I took it as a sign that it was time to set aside the black coffee for a day and treat. my. self.  [Treat Yourself Two-Thousand Twellllve!]
frozen coffee mocha frappuccino mason jar collage

Pin It

So Delicious Dairy-Free Mocha Frappuccino
Frozen Coffee with a Twist!
1 cup of ice, crushed or cubed
1 cup of chilled, strong coffee or 1-2 shots of espresso
1/2 tsp of chocolate protein powder

Add contents to blender and blend until ice is well-crushed into a slushy consistency.
Garnish with an dollop of coconut milk whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
[if you have it, store bought works too!]

If your craving a deliciously frozen single serve coffee, don’t rush off to harass your nearest barista — whip one up at home!  You’ll skip the drive, the wait, and oh yeah, save some much needed cash money.  You can can even skip the mess by swapping our your bulky glass blender container and replacing it with a mason jar!

diy bullet single serve blender with mason jar frozen coffee
make your own bullet blender in two easy steps!

Simply fill a standard sized mason jar with your drink’s components and screw on the blade and hardware from the existing blender.  It sounds crazy, but it works! Not only do you get to enjoy your drink straight from the mason jar, but you skip the awkward + annoying blender clean-up.
Though, after making several batches,
I couldn’t resist serving up a few in my favorite Oliver glasses:
frozen coffee mocha frappuccino with so delicious almond milk ice cream dairy free vegan
I’m a sucker for quirky glasses
peace love and coffee bar glass
and for coffee
chocolate drizzle whipped cream dairy free homemade mocha frappuccino frozen coffee
Especially in frozen form.
*swoon*

How do you treat yourself?

Comments

1. Debbie says

1. I’m totally making this.
    2. It always makes me laugh when people say “quirky” because Quirk is my fiances last name.
    -sigh- which will soon be mine. haha.
    Hope you had a wonderful birthday and St. Patricks’s Day doll <3

Jenn, I always love your pictures!! Sorry I missed you in Wilmington :( Just think, though. Soon it will be summer, and we can go drink margaritas on the beach. I happen to know where a pretty close one is.. Lol.

I LOVE that you’re showing people the sneaky blender trick! I LOVE THAT…and now I want this, but we don’t have coffee =( Next time lol

4. Tayla James says

This looks so good!! I’ve never tried making one at home but on rare occasions (that is, when I have a gift card) I’ll get a frappuccino at Starbucks!

5. Sprint2theTable says

I need that peace love and beer mug! :)

This looks delish – I love making my own healthier protein-filled frapps.

MAN this looks sooo good! I’m crazy about almond milk but I’ve never had almond milk ice cream! I’ve got to track some of that down!!!

7. pmmolnar says

Hello. I’m just checking in from Food Buzz. Thanks for the add! This looks great  – Can’t wait to try it!

8. RCrown2 says

If only there was a Peace, Love, Beer, and Coffee (not at the same time) mug.  Oops, thinking out loud again, sorry.

I enjoy just drinking straight black coffee with a little cinnamon or nutmeg most days, but if I’m “treating” myself, I’ll add a bit of vanilla extract and dash of milk.  I think next treat will be similar to what you made though….

9. Emily says

Girl, I am SOOO with you. I drink my coffee black! People are always shocked by that, but I actually prefer it that way. No beating around the bush. (:
    However, this sounds like the perfect summertime treat- I can’t wait to try it!
    (PS: I get giddy with excitement whenever I see that you’ve posted a vegan recipe! haha)

High-five girly! Black is the way to go! [with treats like this in between of course!]

And since you mentioned it, I’ll have to make more vegan goodies for ze blog! =) They’re challenging for a cheese addict like me but I love having a good arsenal of vegan eats! Healthy and delicious <3

Lately green smoothies…I know, so good…but when feeling decadent cinnamon sugar pull apart bread is my downfall…though I might convert to some of these frozen drinks now that it is warming up.

Total drool! I too have become accustomed to the black coffee, but every once in awhile I would like to treat myself to the frozen splendor like that. And in a glass that is equally as awesome.

I’m really craving something refreshing and delicious, this is a great recipe that I would love to try. I like to treat myself with cookies or chocolate smoothies :)