Blame it on the Hunger Games

hunger games katniss everdeen girl on fire photo
My head is totally up in the clouds right now.
I could blame writer’s block, or a recent obsession with playing words with friends… but it’s much, much easier to blame The Hunger Games for distracting me.  While it’s no surprise that the book kicks the movie’s butt up and down the arena, the movie still majorly rocked my world.  Call me crazy, but I might see it a second time this weekend!  Also, through I was planning on goofing it up with a powerpuff girl costume for a friend’s super hero party next week, I’m now seriously thinking of grabbing a bow + arrow and going as Katniss instead ;)  See?  So distracted!  Someone come braid my hair?
I promise I’ve been showing some MAJOR veggie love in my kitchen.  I just need to get my act together and get these posts perfected for ya!  Here’s a peek at what’s to come:
salmon chop chop feta curry tomatoes rice spring mix salad rice bowl
squash casserole
fluffy microwaved veggie egg sandwich on a bagel thin
Is anything distracting you this weekend? =)
Did anyone else endure the insanity to see the movie at midnight?  I can’t be the only one!

ooh! and if you have requests for posts + recipes on a particular veggie – holla at me!

Comments

1. S M says

My husband and I did!! It.Was.SOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!   I was irked by a few choices, but understand the reason behind the decisions to exclude/change things.  The books still rule the world though!!

2. Emily says

YAY! I’m glad you liked it. (:
    I haven’t read the books yet so I’m debating whether or not I should see the movie before I do. We’ll see!
    I can’t wait for these recipes!

3. Annie | NaturallySweetRecipes says

I’m going to go see it tomorrow!! I can not wait- its even more exciting knowing that everyone is loving the movie! I’m relieved it’s turning out better than twilight. And I would totally braid your hair, that would make the best super hero!! :)

I did not, as I had to work in the morning.  I can’t see it this weekend either because my husband (who is in intern year of his residency in pediatrics) has to work all weekend.  AHHH I’m DIEING to see it.  We’ll probably see it Tuesday or Wednesday after I get out of work.

5. Joyce says

Maybe i should start reading the books… Everyone and their mamas are obsessed with the hunger games… Ur dishes look awesome btw!

Joyce @
    Sip-n-wear.blogspot.com

6. Thehappyhealthymama says

I didn’t get to see Hunger Games yet. In laws are coming next week so hopefully they can babysit while the husband and I get a date night!

Just saw the movie and I honestly thought it was one of the best adaptations of a book I’ve ever seen! I thought they left the right stuff out, and the couple things they did change made total sense and didn’t mess up the story. I can’t say enough how much I loved it!!

8. Kayzfam says

I loved the movie, but it simply didn’t have time to portray all of the emotions from the book.  I love your blog:)

oh em gee, i saw this on thursday and totally feel the same way. yes the book blows the movie out of the water but i totally had the best time ever watching it.

10. Andi says

I can’t wait to see it!!  Although sadly it probably won’t be until it’s on DVD :( The food looks YUMMY!

11. Robyn :) says

Cabbage.  I have 2 heads of cabbage lol.
    Hubby and I are going to see the movie in a couple weeks.  Glad to hear it is awesome.  I want to be Effie Trinket for Halloween lol.

12. Robyn :) says

I resisted reading the books for quite awhile because of all the hype, but once I did I could not stop.  They are totally worth reading.

Oh my gosh I totally agree with you on the movie!!! Ah I loved it. Book does kick movie butt but I had a dream about the movie last night and Peeta was in it ;) and I had a great braid like Katniss. haha, I blame it on the movie :)

I agree ~ the movie is still rocking my world!! saw it yesterday afternoon instead of midnight. I’m thinking about taking my hubby with me to see it again sometime within a week! ;)

So this has nothing to do with your post haha … had to tell you that within the last week, husband and I have watched both “Food Inc.” and “Forks over Knives.”  While I don’t see myself going away from meat completely, it definitely opened my eyes and now I want to try to make more veggie-based meals.  However, we’re in a hotel for the next couple of months, with no oven, a couple of pathetic burners (they don’t heat up well AT ALL), and then my slow cooker.  I plan to try your slow cooker potato soup, but any other ideas/suggestions??  If you just direct me to certain recipes you already have on your blog that might work, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks, girl! ;)

16. babykayramon says

Took the kids last night.  We really enjoyed the movie, altho the book was definitely better.  :)

What’s to come looks seriously delicious! I read the books (obsessively) last summer and cannot wait to see the move now. I’m waiting until next weekend when things settle down a bit and we have a free Friday night to see it!

I love the books and can’t wait to see the film! I lent the books to my mum, who got as hooked as I did so she’s coming with me :-)
    As an aside, I like the way they’ve obviously airbrushed Katniss’ face on that magazine cover though; she’s beautiful anyway!

19. Marisa@Thecollegecuisiner says

I’ve just read the Hunger Games and of course I am now throughly obsessed. Can’t wait to see the movie, but of course when does the film ever compare to the book? I heard they cut out the cave scene. Blasphemous!

20. Kim Bee says

I still need to read the book. My daughter went to the opening of the movie at midnight. She loved it.

My distraction this week was Florida and Disney. I can’t seem to grasp real life after all that fun. I’m having conference withdrawals.

haha nooo there are still cave scenes!!!! They just couldn’t possibly convey everything in the book on screen… so they had to snip out some of it. I saw it a second time and actually liked it better the 2nd time around. Books still are the best – always are ;)

Thank you!!!! Yeah I wish they could have showed more from the book — but then the audience would have passed out in their seats b/c the movie would have had to be like 4 hours long! lol I can’t wait for Catching Fire!

Hmmm… run out and buy a cheapo toaster oven — I think it would be a lifesaver for the next few months! <3

Here are a few recipes that might work for ya… and I’m throwing in a few that are awesome in a toaster oven if you end up getting one — you could probably find a decent one for 20 bucks!
    this can be made in the toaster oven or microwave: http://www.peasandcrayons.com/2011/11/mexican-pizza-lasagna.html

sandwich http://www.peasandcrayons.com/2011/06/restaurant-inspiration-cranberry-walnut.html
    another soup that works in the crockpot http://www.peasandcrayons.com/2011/02/tomato-soup-and-cheesy-croissant-panini.html
    easy veggie sushi using microwave sushi rice http://www.peasandcrayons.com/2011/04/seasonal-spring-sushi.html

toaster oven schtuff: http://www.peasandcrayons.com/2012/03/restaurant-recreation-mini-veggie-patch.html

hopefully this helps for now! if you need more i’m always an email away!
    MWAH!!!!!!

the movie was fantastic – very true to the book, i was surprised – and the books are even better! Im currently reading the third and I absolutely love it!

25. Lea says

Oh my gosh your food pics are seriously making me drool lol :P And YES I did go to the midnight showing of THG, it was awesome, but I think my husband and I were some of the only ones there under 18 haha. I rocked my Hunger Games tee-shirt though!! :D