WIAW #54 [What I ate... & What I Want to Eat!]

What I Ate… [Yesterday]
what i ate wednesday meal ideas
[breakfast] espresso blend coffee, black + trader joe’s mushroom and spinach quiche [snack] cheddar popcorn + gingerade kombcha [lunch] baked sour cream and chive perogis with annie’s tomato soup and stars [light dinner] 1/2 a large spaghetti squash with heirloom tomato sauce and parm [dessert/snack] trader joes pb filled pretzels + cinnamon chai apple pie looseleaf tea <– my mom made it and mailed it to me. so so so good!  I drank an entire kettle’s worth & then had a little pinot to round out the night =)
What I want to eat on Superbowl Sunday!
aka what I want to eat while peeing my pants laughing at the commercials
superbowl game day snacks party appetizers
I think I need to throw a party just so I have an excuse to eat all of these!

Happy What I Ate Wednesday! <3
Want to join in on the fun?
I’d love to see a day in the life of you!  Meals, snacks, drinks – all that fun stuff!  Don’t stress it if you forget to photograph a snack or even forget an yummy meal until long after the plate has been licked clean… just post the rest of the goodies!  You can even put a fun spin on your WIAW: Holiday Editions, Birthday Eats, Travel, Road Trips, etc…  Have fun with it! Bonus points for featuring veggies!

Peas and Crayons

Comments

Just bought some Chai Rooibos tea last night at World Market…hope it is as delicious as your tea sounds! [Although I think I have a nut butter problem--well, I KNOW I have a nut butter problem--because when I read that tea description all I could think was "What if I combined my Chai Nutty Butter with my Apple Pie Peanut Butter???]

Good eats!  I STILL have not tried spaghetti squash (I know, where have I BEEN)!  I love that you just dumped some sauce and cheese in there though and called it a day… I think that is enough to tempt me to try it out next week :)

3. greenhorn gourmande says

Those perogis look amazing!  Also, I know I’m going to have to give that savory cheese cake a try.  What a great idea.

Hehe its a big-deal football game in the states. The commercials they show during it area always hilarious so I love watching those eating/talking/partying during the game. Unless my team is playing — then I pay attention ;) Love ya chickadee!

I’m so glad you have a recipe for tzatziki – my favourite Greek dip to pair with spanakopitas! Mmm the best! And I’m a huge perogie fan too, so yay! I will hereby declare them healthy because a nutritionist eats them too haha. xx

mmmm spanakopitas make my heart sing! I might make some this week — the craving has started!!!

and if you bake the perogis at 400F in a toaster oven they get all crispy and flaky on the outside and then fluffy inside… its glorious! and b/c you didn’t fry them, its the equivalent of pasta and potatoes so, pair a few with veggies or soup and heck yes it’s a healthy balanced meal!

whoooohoooo!

omg so I thought of you at the store the other day — saw those new mini almond joy M&M-like bites and almost had to buy them! Then I saw how much dye they put in them. Shame on them — ruining a good thing!!! lol

Haha i’m trying to get her to start up something — she had an all natural beauty company for a little while and then got bored. Maybe tea is text! ;)

Teavanna has really great blends and she mixes a number of those to make the tea taste like apple pie – check them out — awesome company! <3

Hi Jenn.  Just found your blog via some WIAW posts today.  You are amazing, there are so many links…thank you so much, I look forward to checking them, and YOUR site out!!!  Have a wonderful Wed.

Love your photo layout.  What photo editing software do you use to get the collage?  I keep intending to link up to WIAW but can not remember to photograph what I eat!  Next week…

Getting the hang of the first wiaw is always the hardest – then its smooth sailing! <3 I use Picnik for the collages but they are shutting down the website in April. Google+ should have some of their photo edits available to use as well but I haven’t checked it out yet! Photobucket also has some really cool photo-editing tools for free =) Hope that helps! xoxo

I still (STILL) have yet to try spaghetti squash…when is it even in season??

Those pizza cups look good!  I saw something similar that used fish taco filling instead of pizza filling…it seems the possibilities are endless!

Have a great week friend! :-)

13. Gothextramileblog says

I looove that you always drink Kombucha. I haven’t had it in so long, I need some in my life! Happy Wednesday!

Your “want to” Superbowl eats all look DELISH! I wish the Superbowl was on Saturday, so I can recover on Sunday…Sheesh! Hope you are having a wonderful day and thanks always for hosting pretty lady! :)

I need to get on this.  I’ve been meaning to do a WIAW post for a long time but I keep forgetting! I’m putting it in my calendar for next week :-)

Hi Jenn!  Haha sorry about just the breakfast recipe!! I meant to post more but the whole day I got busy with picking up my altered wedding gown, wedding registry, everything! :P  I hope you’re having a great day~~

Mmmm, I LOVE perogis! I haven’t had them since sometime last summer. We used to get them all the time when I was growing up and I still to this day insist on dipping them in honey mustard!

Ugh, I was totally drooling over those butternut fries the other day…I may just have to go to the store this weekend and buy me a squash…although there will be no super bowling for me this year. Bad planner, Heather! Guess I’ll just catch up on all the commercials online on Monday like I did last year! :)