Get Your Quiche On – Spinach and Feta Won-ton Quiche Cups

Whether dining out or whipping up meals at home, people generally fall into two categories. People that try something new + exciting as much as possible, and people that go for the rotation of “usuals.”  I like to frolic in the happy medium between the two [anyone with me?] and try anything new I can get my hands on, while still honoring my tried and true favorites.  Usually that results in me making the same recipes over and over, with little tweaks according to seasonal produce, fridge and pantry contents, and cravings.  I could probably share 50 quiche recipes with you for this reason.  Today i’ll save you the egg-bardment and highlight the ones I made myself for breakfast this morning =)

Quick and Easy Mini Wonton Quiche Cups with Spinach and Feta

Pin It

I love breakfast… quiches… and anything that doesn’t t require pots, pans, or a sinkful of dishes.  So by default, you already know how much I love these =)  I’ve been making these mini quiches like crazy for the past  year and recently decided to cut a few corners & make them even speedier!  I even turned one into a jalapeno popper!
10 minute Spinach + Feta Won-ton Quiche Cups
[make a plate for yourself or an entire tray for a crowd!]
What’s in it?
2 large eggs
8 Nasoya won-ton wrappers
a handful of spinach, torn
1/2 Tbsp plain greek yogurt
1 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese
a sprinkle of dried minced onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper
top with light sprinkle of parsley and red pepper flakes
green salsa, for dipping

If you haven’t invested in a mini muffin tin yet [worth it!] mold two won-ton wrappers into a cup in a normal muffin tin.  Crisis adverted ;)

Have a little extra time/ingredients?  Try These:
sauteed mushrooms, onion and melted swiss
sauteed spinach and garlic topped with fresh tomatoes, basil and feta
colorful bell peppers, zucchini, spinach and cheddar
Brontosaurus Chefs coconut milk pairs nicely with eggs if you’re dairy-free!
T-Rex Chefs ham, bacon, or crumbled turkey sausage rock in these.  Need I say more?
Glutensaurus? Chefs for gluten-free foodies, here’s a recipe for GF wonton wrappers!
Quick and Easy Mini Wonton Quiche Cups with Spinach and Feta
Get Cooking!
Preheat oven to 365F.  Gently place wonton squares in a mini-muffin tray spritzed with olive oil.  Crack eggs into a coffee mug along with 1/2 tablespoon of greek yogurt and beat with a fork.  Tear spinach into small pieces and toss into the mug with the eggs along with your spices and feta.  Stir to incorporate and spoon into your won-ton cups. Bake for approx 8-10 minutes or until quiche mixtures fluffs up into a “muffin-top” and the edges of your won-ton cups are toasty + golden brown.

When time permits, I highly suggest sauteing the spinach w/ a little oil, garlic + a pinch of salt.  It amps up the flavor of the gorgeous greens and tastes absolutely heavenly!

Quick and Easy Mini Wonton Quiche Cups with Spinach and Feta

They’re fluffy, crunchy and filling! <3

Need a few extra breakfast ideas?
wonton quiche cups

Comments

Hi Jenn! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I LOVE yours!! Your pictures are GORGEOUS!  I am totally going to give the gluten-free version of this quiche a try–it looks YUMMY!

I am a total tweener–sometimes I get all creative and adventurous with trying out recipes and other times I stick to the standard usual suspects.  Desserts are the most fun times to get all daring because it is hard to mess up sugar. :)

2. Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean says

have i told you lately that i love you! making this this weekend for my egg party. it’s like you read my mind and already my request in my post today!

This is the most amazing idea and I must make this, maybe even today.  I play with wontons, quite often but never even thought of such a creative dish.

I just hopped on the mini-quiche bandwagon recently because they are so delicious and healthy and portable.  These wonton crusts?  This is genius!  A crunchy crust without all the fat.  Yum!!

5. Thehealthyapron says

I love trying new recipes but I am the same as you…I still have my tried and true favs that I just play around with once in awhile. I love quiche or really any egg dishes! Thanks for sharing!

6. Emily Goodman says

i love how easy this recipe is and the option to add different ingredients is always a plus!  and…they look DELICIOUS! can’t wait to try these out :)

Wow, that looks DELICIOUS!!!  Just wanted to stop by to tell you I did the Celery Hearts with my little ones and blogged about it!  Thanks for the memories!

Gianne at cowsgomooandducksgoquack.blogspot.com

Super yum!  While I am working I tend to stick to the same recipes, but on the weekends and long breaks I will turn my tiny kitchen into a test kitchen for a variety of recipes!  :)

I used wonton wraps a couple weeks ago and now I am addicted to them!  They are so versatile and so easy.  My 5 year old would love these.  Breakfast for dinner is her favorite.

10. Crystal Quirin says

I LOVE recipes that don’t require dirtying a lot of dishes too! And these look so yummy! Putting on my “make” list right now :)

This is such an egg-tastic day! The #ebwhites chat and your beautiful eggy post. Must try these. Thanks for the share!

I fall some where in the middle too, but lean on the adventurous side. All those recipe magazines have to go to use!

12. Stuftmama says

You are just too much! I juts happen to have some wonton wrappers sitting in my fridge that I don’t know what to do with. I knew I could come here for ideas. :) These look amazing!

13. Tt in nyc says

Im going to blow your mind here- use reg muffin pan, put in some cooked quinoa and pat down, bake for 10min, fill with you eggy (or swap in soft tofu!!) stuff and bake again. Crazy good and a bit more filling. Also fab with polenta.

So cute…the slow cooker soup was a winner tonight. Thanks again for the recipe. The savory garlic and butter buns (a la cinnamon buns) recipe not so much. Oh well, can’t please em all.

15. Gina Yeagley says

mmm I’m gonna have to try these out! I LOVE your recipes. I seriously love cooking – by the time I get home in the evening I make and devour whatever I choose so quickly that I am left saying… WHY can’t I take cute pictures while I’m preparing it and BEFORE I eat it?! lol… Guess there is just not enough time in my days :/

My dinner photos are a hot mess 99.9% of the time =) Promise!!! Weekend cooking helps me get 1-3 new recipes up and photographed for the blogs. If dinner rocks my world I’ll make it again during the day so I can photograph it. So sneaky <3 Happy almost-friday Gina!!! eee!

These look delicious!  What a fun way to start your morning!  I think I’m the one who likes to try something new every day.  Honey Bunny would like some repeats…but I keep telling him I’ve moved onto a new recipe!

18. Fata Pasticciona says

Beautiful idea for a party! I never heard of Nasoya won-ton wrappers (next trip to the asian shop I’ll try to spot them out! :)) but I think i can use phillo pastry rectangules… I’ll keep this recipe in mind!

I can’t wait to try this recipe out asap…I just used fillo dough and my quiches were incredibly light, flaky and delicious!  Won Ton wrapper are so much easier though!!  Thanks and I hope all is well Jenn!

xoxo from Trinidad

This genuinely looks quick!!! AND it has some of my favorite ingredients so you can bet that I will be making these very soon. LOVE your site and am looking forward to exploring it more. I found you on Foodbuzz btw. Cheers!

I hope you get this comment — I can’t seem to find your email addy and facebook won’t let me message you [boo facebook!] — you can certainly make these ahead of time! I would under-bake them just a tad [just bake for maybe half the time or just enough so they're cooked but not golden?] and then pop them in the oven at the party for just a few minutes to finish them off! I like them best straight from the oven — but they are actually still tasty at room temperature. I just adore hot food ;) Let me know how they turn out!! <3 Thanks Sara!