Whether dining out or whipping up meals at home, people generally fall into two categories: people that try something new and exciting as much as possible, and people that like to stick to the usual suspects at mealtime. I like to frolic in the happy medium between the two and try anything new I can get my hands on, while still honoring my tried and true favorites. Usually that results in me making the same recipes over and over, with little tweaks according to seasonal produce, fridge and pantry contents, and cravings.
I could probably share 50 quiche recipes with you for this reason. Today I’ll save you the egg-bardment and highlight the ones I made myself for breakfast this morning.
10 minute Spinach and Feta Won-ton Quiche Cups
Make a plate for yourself or an entire tray for a crowd!
- 2 large eggs
- 8 Nasoya won-ton wrappers
- a handful of spinach, torn
- ½ TBSP plain greek yogurt
- 1 TBSP crumbled feta cheese
- a sprinkle of dried minced onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- top with light sprinkle of parsley and red pepper flakes
- green salsa, for dipping
- If you haven't invested in a mini muffin tin yet [worth it!] mold 2 won-ton wrappers into a cup in a normal muffin tin. Crisis adverted!
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees F.
- Gently place wonton squares in a mini-muffin tray spritzed with olive oil.
- Crack eggs into a coffee mug along with ½ tablespoon of greek yogurt and beat with a fork. Tear spinach into small pieces and toss into the mug with the eggs along with your spices and crumbled feta.
- Stir to incorporate and spoon into your won-ton cups.
- Bake for approx 8-10 minutes or until quiche mixtures fluffs up into a "muffin-top" and the edges of your won-ton cups are toasty + golden brown.
- When time permits, I highly suggest sauteing the spinach w/ a little oil, garlic, and a pinch of salt. It amps up the flavor of the gorgeous greens and tastes absolutely heavenly!
Glutensaurus? Chefs for gluten-free foodies, here’s a recipe for GF wonton wrappers!
They’re fluffy, crunchy and filling! <3