Even MORE Veggie Love! [What I Ate Wednesday #57]

This month is LOVE your veggies month!
For those of you WIAW-ing it up, I challenge you to VEG-ify your posts!
Peas and Crayons
wiaw what i ate wednesday party eats 57

[breakfast] black coffee, banana, plain greek and love grown cinnamon raisin granola [snack] archer farms strawberry fruit peels [snack 2] sea salt pita chips and roasted red pepper hummus from harris teeter [lunch] vegan potato and pea samosas and cilantro chutney  [spiiiicy snack plate] cabot habanero cheddar, mini triscuits, and pepperoncini peppers [dinner] mushroom ravioli and spinach, cranberry, almond salad with ranch with a few glasses of much needed water and green tea <3 [dessert] a cup of edamame [this has the makings of a delicious habit!] and 4 thin mints

So we’re still going strong celebrating LOVE YOUR VEGGIES month up in here,
& to add a little extra veg into this post, I’m whipping up some kale chips!
honey mustard kale chips

Pin It

Honey Mustard Kale Chips
preheat oven to 300F

grab a chunk of kale the size of your face + rinse and dry to clean
tear pieces of kale off their stem/ribs into the size of potato chips
coat palms with a little honey mustard sauce
[I used a store bought honey mustard & added a little garlic and mustard powder]
massage into kale to coat with a super-thin layer
[really, just a *kiss* of honey mustard will do it – otherwise, soggy-city!]
lay, spaced, on a cooling rack/baking rack, place atop a cookie sheet, and sprinkle with salt
bake on the center rack for approx. 18-20 minutes until edges are crispy but not charred
serve with extra honey mustard for dipping

dig in! <3
OoH! So this past weekend I *finally* got to meet fellow military wifey Maria of a life to Bragg about.  I wasn’t even nervous – I not-so-secretly knew we were meant for each other [bahaha creeper!]  Have you ever met someone and hit it off immediatley?  It’s a total rarity but… somehow every blogger I have met so far has been like a long lost friend vs a stranger-danger situation.  My poor husband has a heart attack everytime I meet one of y’all but I love you so!
L to R: Cheesy photog sesh with Danielle, Maria, baby Caleb +  Moi, Lunch with Katy from Katy Tackles Life, & fro-yo adventures with Gina from Running to the Kitchen.  I seriously can’t wait to hang out with these girls again!
Ok, ok!  It’s time to stop the shenanigans so I can check out what you guys have whipped up for your weekly dose of veggies and wiaw!

Peas and Crayons

Happy What I Ate Wednesday!!!
New to the shindig?  [Click here for the rules + and tips on how to join!]

Comments

1. Vien @ We Dare Food says

I’ve never tried kale before and it’s such a pity that we can’t get any here in Melbourne! or Malaysia! :( I wouldn’t mind have bowls of that kale chips! :D

It took me almost a year to find it in NC! They have it at Publix, Harris Teeter, some Walmarts, some Food Lions, and then anywhere else is a shot in the dark — but worth asking them to order it! Its my favorite!

3. Toni @ Not Yet A Mommy Blog says

I love your red/glittery nails in the one picture! Thanks again for WIAW, it’s such an amazing thing you started. As usual, all your food looks amazing. Thanks especially for the kale recipe. I ate raw kale in a salad yesterday just “straight-up” and I’m not gonna lie – I didn’t love it. So I’m trying to learn ways to make it yummy because I know how good it is for you.

Have a great rest of your week!

Toni

4. Lauren says

Love Maria too (not that we’ve met). You all live close to each other? These kale chips look amazing. I’m off to vegify breakfast.

5. LivelyKitchen says

I had somosas today too!  Yours look great – did you make them???

I’ve got kale chips on tap for tomorrow, never thought of adding honey mustard.  I usually stick with garlic and nooch – maybe I should change it up.

6. Julia Mestas says

I love meting other bloggers too… we’re sorta of a breed of our own… no one else is like us.  If you’re even in So Cal, girl, we HAVE to meet!

The samosas sound fantastic!  i want the recipe too!  Love kale chips.  Looking forward to reading the other posts when I get some time this evening.

Your meet-ups sound like so much fun and your eats are scrumptious, Jenn!  I’m showing some veggie love and had fun participating!!  Thanks for hosting, gorgeous!

9. Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life says

So sad, after having so much fun with last week’s WIAW, I forgot to participate this week! Ha ha :-) I may have to make up as a WIAThursday or WIAFriday this week instead… :-)

ahhh I know its nuts! so many foodie voyeurs out there — love it! =) I love all the meal ideas I get from everyone — its like having the cook book come to you, eh?

I try to post the party at different times! Sometimes the morning and sometimes at night, it just depends on how antsy I am, sometimes I can’t wait and other times I wait too long so I can get a good night’s sleep before digging into everyone’s posts! <3

11. Sc. says

goodness, that was a lot of scrolling to get to the comment section!! There’s a lot of love on this page!!!!! JENNNNNNN-Y from the Block!! I miss you! and thank you!!!! and where do I get said KALE THE SIZE OF YOUR FACE???!! so funny!!! I giggled… a lot :) smooches!

Your meals look yummy like always, and I love Hummus I really like the different flavors that Trader Joe’s carries. Is it just me or every Wednesday the link just seem to get longer :) I had to scroll forever to be able to post a comment. That is AWESOME more yummy food I get to see.

Holy cow, I had to close my eyes and scroll (forever) to the comments because 1) I can’t go home and stuff my face with veggies for another hour (DARN YOU, responsibility & bill paying!)  and 2) you are so popular! Woohoo for you!!

Anyhow! I totally feel you on the “long lost friend”/hit it off immediately thing! (Which reminds me, next time you’re in FL… *wink*)

Hi! I mentioned your blog and WIAW in my last post so I added the button and a link to your site. Just like to give a heads up :) Keep rocking and rolling! Maybe soon I’ll join in the WIAW fun!

I totally forgot to tell you that I wasn’t even nervous at all about meeting you haha! I KNEW we were meant to be (we can be creepy together hehe)! Oh, and nice nail shot there, you just HAD to show off them sparklies ;)

sadly no! They were from a really yummy company that makes all natural indian dishes for the freezer aisle. I cant remember the name right now to save my life — they start with an S and are in a yellowish box! eep hope that helps!

17. Sandi N says

Just bought a “face-full of kale” at the store, was looking for a recipe and BAM! Here it is! They are in the oven and they smell delightful… I can’t wait to try them! Oh, and my “face-full of kale”… costs 47 cents. Booyah, take *that*, potato chips.