White Chocolate “Reeses” PB Hearts

White Chocolate

I don’t typically *do* Valentine’s Day.  In fact, Paul and I don’t celebrate it at all.  But regardless of my boycott, you guys totally deserve a little heart-shaped treat to go with all the veggies I talk you into eating.

But you don’t mind if I eat them for you, right?
they. were. glorious.

White Chocolate Peanut Butter Hearts
[makes two super cute cookie cutter hearts]

What’s in it?
2 festive cookie cutters [standard sized]
4-5 heaping tablespoons of natural peanut butter
2 graham cracker squares, crushed
approx 2 handfuls of high quality white or dark chocolate melts
sprinkles
White Chocolate
Get melting!
You can whip up a few of these using a double broiler, a homemade double broiler, microwave or make a TON to share using this crockpot method to melt your chocolate.  Choose which option works best for you, and get your melt on!
This is how I melt! [because I'm now singing "This is why I'm hot" while typing this]
I only made two so I used my homemade double broiler.  To melt chocolate in a double broiler, bring a small pot or saucepan of water to a boil and top with a glass heat-safe bowl [like pyrex].  Next, remove from heat and add chocolate, stirring constantly.  In a few minutes you’ll have hot melty goodness ready to be added to your cookie cutters.
Step 1 line cookie cutters on parchment paper or aluminum foil greased with a little oil [coconut oil works fabulously!] to prevent the ooey gooey melted chocolate from sticking.
Step 2 melt 1/2 of your white chocolate [one big handful if you're making two hearts]
Step 3 spoon approx 3 spoonfuls of white chocolate into each cookie cutter and tap the spoon in the middle to help spread the chocolate evenly into the curves of the cookie cutter.  You know it’s easy because I’m able to do it =)
Step 4 allow this first layer to cool before moving on to the peanut butter [pop it in the fridge if you're impatient like moi!]
Step 5 add crushed graham cracker to your peanut butter and melt
Step 6 spoon over white chocolate inside your cookie cutter and swirl the spoon around to distribute.  You can add a thin or thick layer – totally up to you!

White Chocolate

Step 7 allow to cool, again. [utilize that fridge yo!]
Step 8 melt the remainder of your white chocolate, spread over the PB layer with a spoon and top with sprinkles.
Step 9 this will be the last time you need to let these babies cool.  Trust me, they cool quickly and are soooo worth the wait.
Step 10 devour one and share the other =)  or don’t share.  I won’t tell!
Gift them in the cookie cutter to brighten someone’s day or just pop them out and dig in!
White Chocolate
I don’t care how cute and delicious these are though, I’m not celebrating Valentine’s Day!  Unless you guys want to come over for dinner and dessert? =)  I’ll cook!

If you’re reading this around the holidays, try these too:

Snowflake Peppermint Bark

Comments

haha thanks Annie! I just don’t celebrate! I did a craft project and this recipe for blog land buuut… i just rather snuggle on the couch with my pets in my pjs on vday and celebrate love every other day! crazy, i know! <3

Cute! My daughter’s turning 7 a couple weeks before valentine’s day, I might make these for the party… Although I guess I’d need to buy a lot of heart cutters or it would take me days to finish them.  Hmm.

You can buy them super cheap at craft stores (under a dollar per cutter and even less if you have coupons!) and then you gift them in the cutters as a party favor! =) Or you can use a sillicone brownie pan with heart shaped openings and then make them without the cutter. Hope that helps Stephanie! xoxo

Ohhhhhhhhhhhmygod! I knew you had to be up to something delicious when I saw your facebook status! Holy yum! But yeah, now you seriously have me drooling at 10pm! I need to go to bed…why do you do this to me!!!

PS, I miss you!!! xoxox

Jenn, I’ve said it time and time again, and I’ll keep saying it…
    you are a genius! <3
    These are the most adorable things I’ve ever seen. I’m definitely going to be making them as Valentines Day gifts this year. Thank you for the brilliant idea!

ummmmm your recent post sent me to the pantry/fridge to nosh. i saw the kale and all the yummy concoctions and then ate 1/2 a jar of roasted peanuts and a fruit leather. Thanks betch! i didnt have any green veggies left! grrrr ;)

love you like a love song baby! [song. stuck. in. my. head.]

These are stunning!  Honey Bunny and I don’t celebrate either…I decided when we first married that I’d rather have a thousand kisses and hugs throughout the year than a piece of jewelry one day.

YES!!!!! Same here!!!!!!! we have a rule – no chocolate/flowers/jewelry/etc…. or even cards. Though I do demand handwritten letters when I’m feeling down randomly throughout the year. They make me so so happy when i get those~!

9. Sugarmamabakeshop says

How fun!! We don’t do much for valentine’s… but I’ll always take a free reason to make candy :)

We never celebrate valentines either- it seems so forced I think to have to celebrate on that particular day- surely anniversaries  are more important. They look lovely- I think maybe make them in a different shape to prove you are not celebrating valentines!

11. Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit says

Such a great idea using the cookie cutters to keep everything together and make the outcome look LOVEly hehe…. I adore this idea!

Yum!!!  Thank you for posting something that I can eat haha! (Just teasing, of course!)

I’m not anti-Valentine’s Day, but I also don’t expect things like jewelry or flowers just because it’s Valentine’s Day.  I like using that day as just another excuse to have a nice dinner or plan a special date, but I will use any excuse for that! ;)  Martin Luther King Jr Day?  Hey, let’s get dressed up and go to dinner to celebrate! ;)

13. Erica says

hahahah this is why im hot. I knew I loved you. YouTube the remix , “this is why im cold”

these look so yummy and fantastic! i love the sprinkles and the fact that you can see the 3 different layers! YUMMMMM

xoxox

14. Shirley says

Those are so cute and they look delicious, I might have to try and make them for my kids and maybe bring to work.

15. Char M says

These are suuuuuper cute!! I like to boycott Valentine’s Day too…hallelujah! I figure my husband should worship me everyday, not just one day a year…totally kidding (kind, of haha). Just to extra-boycott v-day, I’d totally make these in a star shape instead…or maybe a balloon and give it to my niece who happens to turn 4 years old on v-day!!!

These are so adorable! I don’t really do Valentine’s Day either – even when I’m in a relationship, which I’m not right now haha – but I have to admit all the heart-shaped goodies that come out around that time are pretty darn cute!

shut up you! =) haha love ya! and I’m with you on that! Any excuse to either make something themed or have a fun night out/in I am TOTALLY game for! I just don’t do presents. I’d rather go shopping with my husband and pick out something for the both of us when we need it, not b/c of a holiday! =)

18. Laurie Gallamore says

These look fabulous!!  I just found your blog via TT&J and I’m loving it.  I’m your newest follower, and I’d love for you to stop by my blog and follow me too if you’d like.  I just pinned these… I think I’ll try them tonight!
    xo,
    Laurie @ Gallamore West :)

19. Kat says

seriously SO cute!! I have to make these. I actually LOVE v-day. Its my bday, but thats not why I love it. I just love love :) Yes, Im that corny girl who cries at every love story. But hey, I was born on valentines day with red hair. I think I was destined to love romance :)

My husband and I don’t really celebrate Valentine’s Day either, but these are definitely changing my mind! They are adorable and look delicious…let’s be honest that second one is probably what I’m really after :) PS: I have a giveaway going on now that I think you might be in to!

21. Blissful_and_domestic says

Just pinned this! It looks so yummy! I am a new follower:> Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog:>

22. Sarah McGinn says

YUMMY and they are photographed beautifully! Please come add to my NEW link party at dwellonjoy.blogspot.com. Thanks!