What I Ate Wednesday #52 [Hot Date in Raleigh!]

I know some of you may think I’m a total creeper for asking you to post fun little food diaries every week so  everyone [especially moi] can get some gosh darn meal ideas for the week buuuuut….. If my BFF Ryan think’s its fab than I’m 100% OK with continuing on with my weird [pshh! fabulous!] weekly party.
Ryan Gosling Hey Girl apple WIAW

Pin It

If loving WIAW is wrong I don’t want to be right! <3
jenn peas and crayons whole foods salad bar

Also, if loving my to-go box of Whole Foods hot bar is wrong I refuse to be right.
Man this stuff makes me happy!
Ry Gosling? Check!  Food?  Check!  Friends?  Check!
I’m good to go =)
what i ate wednesday 1 year anniversary murad north hills sushi

Here’s a little photo montage of this weekend’s eats.  Paul and I had a hot date planned in Raleigh that turned into a date weekend with looooots of good eats.  And shopping.  Not so much buying… but lots of shopping =)
Lunch + Snacks on the way there:
Taco Bell Mexican Pizza, vegetarian-style, with no meat and extra beans
Target-brand fruit leather pull-aparts [I never leave home without one]
Natural energy drinks to keep us hyper on the road
loooots of water
Dinner in Raleigh-ho!
Sushi-palooza at Mura North Hills
Sushi, Sapporo beers, and sinfully delicious blackberry layered cheesecake
We also walked over to the movie theaters and saw the latest Mission Impossible movie.  I kind of loved it! Paul insisted on eating his weight in popcorn and sour patch kids and I stole a few bites of each while watching Tom Cruise dangle from cars, skyscrapers, and other random objects.
Lunch the next morning:
a salmon sandwich from Jason’s Deli.  Meh… kind of bland =/
I also scarfed fruit salad, a small chocolate-vanilla soft serve, and lots of water
Dine and Dash!  Dinner on ze road:
Whole Foods Hot Bar Amazingness!  P and I split a giant veggie-packed salad with field greens, lobster + butternut squash bisque and a slice of key lime pie cheesecake [cheesecake two days in a row? Heav. En.]  We were so hyper from the drive that we stayed up until the wee hours in the morning which means…. second dinner!  We munched more of out hot bar leftovers including steamed kale, quinoa, green beans with portobello mushrooms, macaroni and cheese, delicious tofu ragu, and scalloped potatoes.  I ate 1/2 my box and finished the rest for lunch the following day.  I don’t want to know how much that heavy box of YUM cost but it was 100% worth it after all the meals we got out of them.  Dearest Whole Foods, I wish you were closer to my house! Move here?
whole foods hot bar road trip eats wiaw

Hookay so… that was like two WIAW posts for the price of one!  I’ve hogged enough of the spotlight for the day and now it’s your turn!  Show us the meals and snacks you’ve been noshing on lately and help inspire our next meal… or two… our four!  The diversity + creativity that you guys link up every Wednesday rocks my world.

Comments

Ryan gosling can fix everything. And that box of god-knows-what-but-it-looks-amazing looked…well, amazing. And I love the picture of (is that your boyfriend?) trying to aim food into his mouth whilst going through road rage. Classic! Have a lovely week darling!

That sushi looks fantastic! Jen always had such a hard time deciding what sushi to try whenever we go out. And kale is scrumptious. Ever had kale chips? A company (Brad’s Raw Chips) has a nacho flavor that swear 2 to goodness tastes just like pizza.

Looks like you and your hubby had a fabulous weekend!!
    Love the looks of that salad.  I used to stalk the WF salad bar in college but not so much anymore.
    Gets a tad pricey for a family of 5 lol =)  Now my love goes to Trader Joe’s.

“Dine and Dash!  Dinner on ze road” so sweet of you to give me a shot out! bahahaha. You already know my hot bar obsession. Sadly I didn’t go this weekend…but I will be there this week for treats. The butternut squash bisque sounds gooood now that its getting semi-cold here. Ummm because I copy/pasted you everything is green! ahh I hope my comment doesn’t come out green.  mwah!

5. Aileen says

I love your WIAW! This is the first time I have read it. I might have to link up next week :) And your blog is super cute.

bahahaha what is with the green anyways!? it happens whenever I copy and paste anything! Is it just my blog or do other websites do that for you too? ;) maybe its technology’s way of reminding us to eat our greens? =) love your face off! mwah!

Am I the only one to think there is a slight resemblance in Paul and Ryan Gosling?  Not that that is a bad thing.
    Now the eats are fantastic…Holy Yumness!  I just have to throw this in because I am so excited but Whole Foods is opening up here in Greensboro this spring and I cannot wait.  I have been eagerly watching as it goes up and now I am just praying that Trader Joe’s will agree to come here to.
    I think there might something wrong with me to love grocery stores as much as I do.

Anywho…thanks for this 1 year of WIAW Jenn and I look forward to another fruitful year of eats.

bahahaha everyone keeps saying that!!!!! I never saw it until then and now when I look at photos of Ryan Gosling I see my husband it I look at the photos too quickly! And i’m right there with you with a love of grocery stores! I dont care about clothing and things I just want yummy eats gosh darn it!!!! =) Wilmington NC is getting one too!!!! but its 2 hours away like Raleigh is. womp womp! more road trip WIAWs in my future!

9. M P says

Successfully got the button up – thanks again for your help last week!  I looooove the Whole Foods hot bar and could easily blow a good chunk of change there, trying everything lol

Deal!  When our newest HUGE Whole Foods opened, the first time I walked through the doors, I swear heard angels singing. I always feel like I am walking into to heaven.  Can you ever be in a bad mood after being in Whole Foods? I swear that place is like crack for health-foodies!

Ok so get this! – the WF and TJs in Raleigh are SWARMING with rude cranky people! Like 99,9% of people are walking around mean mugging and being rude and if i have to get by them… i smile and say excuse me sweetly and they practically GROWL at me! haha so they are derranged or something – WF = instant happy

Wow, all of that looks SO good!! :-)
    We were in Raleigh back in October for our vacation in the US – I wanna go back! I miss the South. England is boring in comparison! :-)
    Take care,
    Chantelle

Hi Jenn!  I’ve stalked your blog for a while, but finally joined in the WIAW fun :)  There is not a WF or a TJ within any reasonable distance at all from me, which is so sad. Maybe in the future we’ll get one, and in the meantime, I guess that could be a good thing for the wallet.

14. Susanne Voros says

Looks like a fun weekend!!!  I go to whole foods once a week for hot dinner box lol I love that place!  Tell Ryan I said Hi and that he is super cute but don’t tell my hubby that I said that. :)

Yah they have weeklong specials! It was really good! Not the typical ingredients for some of the rolls (almonds and mango galore on one and another was wrapped in radish and seaweed instead of rice) — wish we lived closer!!!! =)

16. Yesiwantcake says

160! Dang girl, you are on fire. Or your WIAW idea is at least. Also,  WF hot bar makes me life so much better, I can’t even put my love for it into words.

Yeeee! Whole Foods hot bar X2 is just double the happiness, in my opinion.
    What a lovely date night!
    Thanks for another amazing WIAW, girl. (:

18. Cassidyastanley says

Just came across your blog and I gotta follow!  I’m excited about all these recipes on here. I can’t wait to try some of them and link my stuff up to your blog. This is exactly what I am gonna start on my blog too.  As a certified trainer I know the importance of eating clean for both the inside out outside of your body  and inspiring others to take care of themselves through exercise and clean eating. My blog  is somewhat new on adding my fitness routines and recipes. I would absolutely love it if you would link up your recipess starting next Thursday  to my blog as well.

19. janepfrank says

I WILL remember to do this next week. I WILL remember to this next week! Had to say it twice in hopes that I’ll remember!!

Everything looks delicious (including you-know-who).  I’m with you – Whole Foods hot bar is amazing!  I could blow my entire grocery budget there!

21. Meghan Cole says

This sounds like tons of fun. I’m all about eating – and taking photos of what I eat. (Does that make me a creep, too?) Looking forward to doing this next week! :)

I thought it was just me feeling that way but the hubs pulled me aside in TJ’s this weekend and was like “WHY IS EVERYONE SO MAD/CRANKY/RUDE?!?!?” I would have never expected that from Raleigh but its kind of the norm everytime we go there

I love, love, LOVE sushi!!
    Happy one year anniversary! This was my first WIAW! Thanks for hosting such an awesome linky party! I enjoy reading everyone’s eats.