5 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbsp white vinegar
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 Tsp dried basil
1/4 Tsp dried thyme
1/4 Tsp dried oregano
1/2 Tsp sugar
1/8 Tsp salt
1/2 Tsp red pepper flakes [they add flavor, not fire]
1/2 tsp Garlic Herb or Italian Mrs. Dash if ya have it. I looove this stuff!
Have a lemon handy? Healthify the marinade even further by reducing the olive oil to 3 Tbsp and adding 2 Tbsp of lemon juice. I can’t decide which variation is my favorite…. but I think I’m leaning towards the lemon. Soooo yummy!
If you’re one of the lucky bloggers to have a green thumb & a herb garden, feel free to use more fresh. Just make sure you add more than you would dried. Extra yum.
T-Rex Chefs kick up your grilling by adding this marinade to chicken or shrimp
Brontosaurus Chefs this marinade makes perfect marinated mushrooms and will take veggie kabobs to the next level
Homemade Marinated Mushrooms
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 8-12 oz white button mushrooms
- 5 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 Tsp dried basil
- 1/4 Tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 Tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 Tsp sugar
- 1/8 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp red pepper flakes [they add flavor, not fire]
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Herb or Italian Mrs. Dash, optional but delicious!
- Cook the mushrooms slightly by heating them for 5 minutes in the microwave.
- Next, whip up Marinade #5 and whisk to emulsify.
- Pour over hot mushrooms and seal in a bag or covered bowl.
- Let your shrooms spend 24 hours marinating in the fridge.
- Enjoy cool or at room temperature - whichever floats your boat! It's going to take every ounce of self control you have not to devour them early, but trust me, they are 100% worth the wait. Serve plated with toothpicks because food is always more fun on a stick!
So… How was it? so so SO good! Paul inhaled the first batch [the nerve!] so I had to run out for two more boxes of mushrooms to make enough for the two of us. P preferred the basic mushrooms but I’m a citrus girl and loved the addition of lemon juice to the second batch! There’s a third bowl in the fridge as we speak =) I’m so glad this healthy appetizer is back in my life!
They also taste amazing with a zesty Greek Marinade!