Greek Potato Salad

I’ve been teasing you with this photo for far too long ;)
Here’s the recipe!
Greek Potato Salad
Makes one serving and can easily be doubled or quadrupled to feed a pair or even a smorgasbord of guests =)  Food is oh-so flexible.  Don’t you love it?

What’s in it?
3 small/medium golden potatoes or red potatoes, cubed
1/4 red bell pepper, diced
1-2 Tbsp onion, minced
1-2 Tbsp diced cucumber [optional]
2-3 Tbsp plain greek yogurt [I used chobani]
dried dill, salt, + garlic powder, to taste
Garnish with a lemon wedge to add a splash of citrus to your salad

Get Cooking!
Boil cubed potatoes for approximately 10-15 minutes, until fork tender.  Season the yogurt with garlic, dill, and a teeny bit of salt and stir into potatoes to coat.  Pop in the fridge for a bit and enjoy cool.

So… How was it?
Light, refreshing, and utterly delicious; I seriously may never use mayo again!  The greek yogurt was a perfect match for the fluffy potatoes.  Add a little dill and lemon juice and viola!  Perfection =)
still hungry?
  Tortellini Pasta SaladSummery Chickpea & Pepper Salad
Homestyle Macaroni SaladConfetti Pasta Salad

Comments

This looks great! Potato salad will always remind me of my grandmother and summertime. I could use this same recipe, but use a mustard instead of the yogurt to make it dairy-free. Delish.

2. OLDCROWS3 says

POTATO SALAD YUM. I LOVE REGULAR POTATO SALAD A DASH OF SUGAR, MUSTARD, PICKLE RELISH, ONION , MIRACLE WHIP, CELERY, PEPPER,.A LITTLE CUCUMBER AND BOIL EGGS. BUT AFTER READING YOUR RECIPE I THINK I MIGHT ADD SOME DILL ALSO A LITTLE BIT OF RED BELL PEPPER TO MAKE IT LOOK PRETTY. YUM SOSO GOOD.

GRANNY FROM FLORIDA

3. Lauren says

You have no idea how I excited I was when I saw this!!!!! Greek food is one of my favorites so this has to be made. Like now :D

4. Lifeisbananas15 says

but its so perdy i don’t want to touch it!!!

ps. i am not a fan of this comment feature. sorry i had to say it…but i adore you!!! :)

5. Kissmybroccoli says

Mmmm! I’m not sure what it is or where it came from, but I have been craving Greek food for weeks now!  I am all over this woman! Gah, if I didn’t have to go to work, I’d make it right now! Haha!

It’s so beautiful nestled into the red pepper!  Love it!  And potato salad is one of my favourites.  My sister and I used to eat it out of the giant bowl when my mom made it for us.

What a great idea! I’ve never seen a Greek potato salad before. It looks delicious.

If you’d like, I wanted to invite you to share your best recipes over at my new party, Recipe Sharing Monday at Jam Hands. I’m going to be featuring my favorite submissions during the week and I’d love it if you’d join in the fun. :O)

8. Rita Kent says

Ohhh soooo yummy and the presentation is to die for!  I will certainly come back often.  Please stop by and if you like what you see, don’t forget to become a “follower”.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuum. bookmarking, I know I say that a bit…but really I have a folder for “recipes” and you are like a major huge contributor. Lol.

10. Michelle says

Umm this seriously looks amazingly delicious! YUMM! I want some… ship me some?! Or better yet, come cook for me! :)  LOVE U! XOXO