Crispy Baked Shrimp Won-tons
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1-2 tbsp feta
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried/fresh chives or green onions
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes [I used 1/2 tbsp to give it a kick!]
- 8 large raw shrimp, thawed, peeled + prepped
- 14 wonton wrappers
- olive oil cooking spray, or olive oil + a pastry brush
- salt and pepper, to taste
- serve with sweet chili sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Sautee shrimp and garlic in either 1 tsp of olive oil or 1 thin pad of butter; totally up to you!
- Once shrimp are fully cooked, add cheeses, chives, red pepper flakes, garlic powder + salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir until cheese is melted. Move mixture to a cutting board and chop into small pieces.
- To prep the wonton wrappers, lay flat and moisten fingers with water. It helps to have a little cup of water handy while assembling the wontons. Run your finger along two sides of the wrapper to moisten, and add a small dollop of the shrimp mixture to the center of the wonton.
- Fold into a triangle and press, the thin layer of water should act like a glue and help you press the edges into little pouches.
- Seal em up and pop them on a wire grilling rack, cooling rack, or whatever else they call the sheet in the photos below.
- Spritz or brush each won-ton lightly with olive oil.
- Bake at 375F for 11-15 minutes or until golden brown.