Spiral Zucchini Pasta Salad

spiral zucchini pasta pepper salad

I’m always looking for new ways to make veggies the star of every meal.  Some of you have already tried this [Kristina from Life as Kristina + Lisa of Thrive-Style] and some of you are going to think i’m lying when I say that this recipe is so utterly delicious that Paul and I licked our plates clean.  But I don’t lie =) Case-in-Point, I know it’s healthier, but I despise brown rice sushi.  The nuttiness of the brown rice overpowers my veggies and I end up just eating the fish, seaweed, + veggies and tossing the rice.  Such is life.  But I’m not here to bash brown rice sushi, that would be silly!  I’m here to tell you about the day I fell in love with my Spiralizer.

I thought I had enough appliances in the house… Between the blender, food processor, panini press, toaster, salad spinner, quesadilla maker, crock pot and mini crock pot, I thought I was at my max appliance threshold.  What else could I possibly need?

A Spiralizer!
spiralizer
It was between this and a rice cooker + this was worth every penny of the $35 it cost.
It literally took 1 minute to assemble and 1 additional minute to clean up.  I’m in LOVE!!
spiralizer spiral sliced zucchini

Here is my first creation
What’s in it?
1 medium zucchini
4 mini bell peppers
1-2 cups of lettuce [optional. I used spring mix]
1 tomato or any other veggies you have on hand!
spoonful or two of your favorite dressing!

Brontosaurus chefs + T-rex chefs You both can eat this! Enjoy!

Get “Cooking!”
Use a spiralizer to crank the zucchini into delicious curls.  Serve raw atop a bed of greens with all your favorite veggies.  I topped my salad with light Naturally Fresh Ranch dressing… have you tried their stuff before? AH-mazing! [and the ingredients rock!] Balsamic, Greek, or Italian dressings would be fabulous as well!  Bonus points for those of you who make your own dressings! <3

So, How was it?
I wasn’t joking when I said we licked the plate clean =)  It was fabulous!  I can’t wait to come up with a zillion and one recipes for curly, delicious zucchini!

raw zucchini pasta salad vegetarian

Have you ever tried raw zucchini in a salad?  I think I actually prefer it raw vs. cooked!

Comments

I haven’t bust out the spiralizer since January’s all raw month. I do prefer my zucchini cooked but they were great spiralized too. I should bust that gadget out again this week for some raw food while the kids are gone. :)

Oh, yes………raw zukes are king :)

I’m so glad you’re enjoying your spiralizer! I use mine so often, and mostly for zucchini, but I’m thinking of branching out and spiralizing something else too. I heard beets work—not sure about that one though!

i love spiralizers! i don’t have one myself, but the summer program i run for my research uses one to make zucchini spaghetti out at the garden! the kids LOVE it and i’ll take zucchini in just about any form! :)

I’ve never heard of a spiralizer. It looks like a great way to use zuchini and yellow squash in the summer. I usually cook it, but you fresh pasta salad looks like a delicious way to serve it raw.

This looks good! But I could never justify getting something for one kind of veggie… what else can you make into “noodles”? Does it work with other things? Can you cook the veggies after you spiral them?

Oh yum. I love raw zucchini in my salads, but I’ve never made one from mostly zucchini. I really want a spirializer, though, so I can make zucchini “pasta.” Of course, the last thing my kitchen counters need is another appliance. :)

I’ve never seen this before! This is the reason why I never make noodles out of zucchini because I don’t have the patience to slice them haha :D

I love putting the raw zucchini on my salad at Souplantation. :) I have a spiralizer too but I forgot about it. I used it to make zucchini “pasta” which was just ok. I like your raw idea better.

So funny, Mike and I thought we were the king and queen of appliances! We have a toaster oven, electric can opener, mini deep fryer, full sized crock pot, mini dipper crock pot, fondue set, electric griddle, belgian waffle maker, bread maker….

but we did return our panini press and donated our quesadilla maker, you know, because those two extra appliances would have put us over the top…. ;) Thank goodness we have a lot of cabinet space!

Oh yum! This looks simple, healthy, and yummy!! I must try ;)

Wow, your husband is in the military? He must be a very brave man!! As an American citizen tell him I say “thank you” for fighting for our freedom ;) Yes you will have a blogger friend who understands the heart ache of long distance relationships ;) But the reunions are always the best!! How long will he be away for? Or maybe you don’t know yet?

A spiralizer is like my dream “luxury” appliance I’d love to have one day :) I couldn’t imagine anything I’d love more in the summer than “pasta” made from veggies! My favorite way to eat zucchini though is probably in a sweet bread :)

Hi love!!

I really want one of those!! I think it would be awesome to make spiral sweet potato fries!!!!

I think I saw them on amazon, where did you buy your spiralizer?!

Have a great night! xoxoxoxo <3

This looks great! I don’t have a spiralizer :( but maybe I can figure out a way to still have this because I am always looking for new ways to have my veggies

Looks great!
    I love the IDEA of getting so many kitchen appliances, but then I remember the limited space issues I’m dealing with and now you know the rest of the story as to why Megan is spiralizer-less. Boo.

Your salad is so pretty though! You should try the spiralized zucchini with warm pasta sauce…I’ve heard that’s good!

LOVEEEEEE my spiralizer but I always forget to use it! I actually like spiralizing up potatoes for oven curly “fries” best! Totally yummy. Hope you’re doing well

So pretty! All of those colours are nicely set off by the plate. Love green!

I want a spiralizer. When I make raw zuchini pasta, I just use my carrot peeler. It’s really not the same feel!

Gosh you make me want to eat healthier, I love it!!! Looks sooo tasty!!! If you don’t have a spiralizer how would you recommend making the zucchini so thin?

Ah ha! The mini peppers strike again!!

Raw zucchini > cooked zucchini! I only had it raw for the first time last year and now I’m hooked. I can’t wait until summer…my dad usually plants an a$$ load of squash in his garden and I play sneaky sneaky and load up my bag when I go to visit!

That is the coolest contraption that I’ve ever seen! Where have I been?! I love what you did with it too. Your recipe looks so simple and delicious. I still love ya even if you don’t like brown rice sushi. :)

Have a beautiful day,
    Candace

I actually don’t think I’ve ever had raw zucchini before! I can’t imagine having another kitchen appliance, but as long as it’s easy to clean, I might add this to my birthday list :)

Looks good and I love my spiralizer too, especially in the summer when I can get monster zucchinis! It’s also good for carrots, sweet potatoes (to bake), butternut squash, cucumbers, etc. So glad you got one, hope you have a blast with it.

I thought about getting a spiralizer but I heard that a julienne pealer works too so I settled for that. Yours looks so much better though! haha Was it expensive? Where did you get it? It looks big, I’m not sure I’d have a place to store it in my itty bitty kitchen! haha

I would love to have a spiralizer but really, my kitchen has no room left! I can’t even fit a food processor – the horror, right?

Love the pasta! It looks delicious. But I must say, I LOVE brown rice sushi. :)

So I totally bought one after reading this lil, I ordered it from amazon. Fun!! Keep the spiralizing (pretty sure I made that word up) recipes coming :)

Yessss, I love zucchini- and raw summer squash is really really good too. I can’t wait until it’s in season and growing out of everybody’s gardens so rampantly that they want to give it away… to me…

I would love to have a spiralizer, but honestly the thought of having one more kitchen appliance in my tiny kitchen is not very motivating.

Love you salad!

no way ! okay- i didnt realize i needed a spiralizer until just now. like you i thought i had everything. hubs will be glad to know it was only 35! lol! this looks so vibrant, so fresh and so good! A fun and delicious way to do veggies! thanks girl

Just Stopping by from TMTT. I wanted to invite you to check out my Iron Chef Challenge This month’s themed ingredient is canned tomatoes, so link up a recipe using those and you could win a prize. It should be a lot of fun, hope you can join us!!

I am going to order one of these right away!! Zucchini was recommended as a replacement for pasta on my low-carb diet. I haven’t tried it but I’m going to now. Thank you!!

Oh, yes………raw zukes are king :)

38. Mia says

I am new to vegan raw cooking, and I’m  lovin every minute of it, I am so going to get this spiral pasta maker, I too miss the swirling of pasta. I am in love with my juicer, ninja blender and now my food/processor, I never knew raw food could taste so dynamite