Edamame Egg Salad

[inspired by Spabettie’s yummy recipe Thanks girl!]
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped [I only used 1 yolk]
2/4 cup of shelled edamame
1-2 tbsp chopped dill pickles
2 tbsp mayo
1-2 tsp yellow mustard
salt and pepper to taste

Brontosaurus chefs
Use tofu, vegan mayo + season with tumeric/cumin <3

So, How was it?
Super delicious! The edamame was a fun addition to the salad and I totally plan on making this again. I served it with an extra pile of steamed edamame and a chocolate pumpkin muffin. Yum!

Reader Review!

So I’ve been edamame obsessed lately… how about you?
What’s your favorite way to eat edamame? In a meal or on it’s own?

Comments

Oh my gosh, this is a MAJOR MOMENT for me!! I actually:
    1) Know what you are talking about
    2) Like what you are talking about

WOOHOO! I’m feeling good! Haha! I love steamed edamame!!

your photos are extra pretty today my dear! i don’t know if i’ve ever had edamame? i don’t know why! i’m sure i’d like it…. i’ll get on that. i’ve had the edamame hummus from trader joe’s and absolutely loooooove it!

I have had my eye on this on Kristina’s site….glad to have another opinion on it :)

I like steamed edamame as an appetizer before I mow down some sushi!

I love edamame to start the meal when we’re dining a sushi restaurant. I rarely have it in the house, but I should remember to buy some soon!

omg Mike just had edamames !! We have the frozen snack packs, just heat them up and yum!!! This really looks so good!!!! Yum girl!!!

Hope your weekend was beautiful!!! xoxo

Ohhh, purrrrrrdy! I just recently discovered my love for edamame! I had two bags in the freezer…wanted to try it so bad I forgot I’d already bought it! Oops! I love it straight up! So buttery and delicious! I am so adding it to my next egg salad! Great idea!

I love to eat edamame as I am waiting for my meal to get ready! I love the idea of adding it to egg salad, mostly because I LOVE egg salad :)

jake saw this and said oooo I want that for dinner… thanks jenn I gotta go to the grocery store now. sigh if only your healthy dishes didnt look so appetizing :)

I love edamame but never have it at home, always when I go for sushi. I don’t know why I don’t buy it but I think it’s one of those things I forget about but know I should be buying. Regardless, the salad looks soooooooo yummy!

That is SO creative! I love edamame, and it’s so good for you!!! My favorite way is to just cook it in the shell and then eat it :)

One time, my friend and I cooked edamame for our then-boyfriends and the one thought they were snap peas and he tried to eat the shell of the edamame. It was SUPER funny. (He thought we just did a terrible job cooking it. hahahaha)

Do you know that my son who is only 23 months LOVES edamame! He loves it. I shell it for him and he pops them in his mouth like candy! Crazy!

I love this salad. Looks so fresh and delicious. My favorite edamame is steamed with truffle salt or I love adding it to pasta!

I may just have the ingredients to make that! (except celery, I wonder if onion would be good or bad?) I love edamame, just recently had it in soup, delicious.

I’m going to have to check out the chocolate pumpkin muffins too!!!!

The first time I had it was at a Japanese restaurant – they brought it hot, sprinkled with salt – that’s still our favorite way to eat them. :D

Ever since I ate edamame on Saturday, I’ve been craving it! This recipe looks delicious – and as I need recipe help this week, I need to try this!

OOOHHHH I just looooveee edamame! My fave way to eat it is just in a salad. Or by itself!! I just went and checked out your muffin recipe and WOW!! They look so delicious :D

ah… I’m still getting caught up on blogs, and reading backwards… I just read your most current, and now this, so… I totally get it now! :)

YAY! SO glad you like this recipe – and it seems popular with most everyone! I’ve made this several times since and have BLOWN some people away! :D

hiya , i’m visiting from all things related , and am your 487 follower x i love egg salad and am just wondering what is edamame ??? tfs and maybe you might stop by my blog sometime x
    xmaggiex

Hey Jen, I know you already saw I featured you, hello, THANKs for that, he he. I however am late coming here to comment, SO here is my comment, lol.

I actually don’t eat egg salad so much, but I do love it. I also LOVE edamame, so this sounds like a winner for sure. Your photos are great, I totally agree with many others. I need to take better pics, WAY better pics of my food, and projects. It’s so huge!!!

Come grab a button girl, and display it proudly!

**Features from week #30** @ Bella Before and After
    Also I would LOVE to invite you to check out my new PINTEREST BOARDS let me know what you think!!
    Thanks girl :)

Hugs,
    Bella

Come grab a button girl, and display it proudly!

**Features from week #30** @ Bella Before and After
    Thanks girl :)

Hugs,
    Bella

I’m going to have to check out the chocolate pumpkin muffins too!!!!

I like steamed edamame as an appetizer before I mow down some sushi!