Fab Fabric Binder Cover

I’m silly.  I’m contemplating investing in a cheapo sewing machine just so I can make this project!  I organize recipes, torn magazine articles, and even entire magazines in binders for easy reference and inspiration.  Theres something so relaxing about doting over old Domino or Real Simple magazines, picking up little tips and goodies I didn’t notice the first 500 times or have forgotten with time =)  I love it.

The binders, despite any attempt at primping, are butt ugly.  This gorgeous fabric cover would be just the thing to spruce up my growing collection of inspiration binders.

You can find the detailed, step-by-step tutorial here via Lola again
There’s no way I can afford a sewing machine right now, let alone operate the thing!  But I know most of you are sewing goddesses so someone please make this so I can live vicariously thorough you! …and If you wanted to make me one too while you’re at it… well that would just make my day/week/year!  I bet Nichelle from Vintage Wannabee could make one! =) hint hint
Update: Simply Suzanna made a gorgeous binder with fabric tape and glue!

Where do you keep your inspiration?
On a board? On your blog?
Tucked under your bed… (Yeah I don’t know about that one!)

Comments

This awesome! All my binders are so ugly. And trust me, if you bought a sewing machine you’d use it for WAY more than this binder. They are so awesome to have :)

Well well well. I was just brainstorming ways to cover my inspiration binders. I think I’ve figured out an easy no-sew version instead. This seems like a lot of work just to cover a binder…but then again, the result is gorgeous.

I tried to learn to sew…I wasn’t very successful! I now leave the crafts to people who are…crafty. Which I am NOT!

This is so pretty! And aren’t Real Simple’s tricks and tips the best? I love that magazine.

What a cute idea! I am just not that creative – I would never think of something like this! It seems like I do everything electronically these days, so I’ve definitely been moving away from using binders, etc. But, I think this is a super cute idea!

I think it’s cute too…and very unique! My daughter is always looking for a binder that looks more unique so that’s a good thing. Great job!

I love the idea!! Well, maybe a friend has a sewing machine or something? Great great idea hon <3

Stop by my blog if you find the time – comments&followers much appreciated <3

I’m back :), because … I gave you the stylish blogger award over at A Home in the Making! Click over to see it and the instructions to pass it along. I really enjoy your blog and look forward to continued reading! :)

aaa those two binders are soo cute. Maybe I’ll try to make it as soon as I have time.
    Anyway, I like your blog, so you have a new follower now :)

Love this idea…I don’t own a sewing machine…and I’m not so crafty, but I do have an eye for what’s trendy and fun!

I hope someone makes you lots of fancy binder covers :)

~Lisa

Ah, those binder covers are so cute! I want one!! I keep my inspiration in a lot of places–most recently all nicely organized on my inspiration board!

But before that I used a heck of a lot of post-outs and magazine clippings. Although, I can say that none of them were under my bed. ;)

I am not a creative person at all but if given step by step instruction, I can manage simple stuff. I want to do something like this. I love your work such beautiful designs!

Anyway, I like your blog, so you have a new follower now :)

I’m Jenny from the blog, Planner Perfect, and absolutely love this! Thank you for the tutorials:)
    The Planner Perfect, planner is a very inspirational planner that will have every woman organized!